IGNORED

All that I have left from my TRS-80 days... sad stuff. :(

Omega-TI

This is sad, while I was putting the weed trimmer back in the shed tonight, I spied something brown...

gallery_35324_1027_116986.jpg

gallery_35324_1027_67395.jpg

This is all I have left of my TRS-80 days... the folder of my first wordprocessor (before I upgraded to disk drives). Pretty pathetic if I do say so myself. :_(

Do you guys have anything original left?

• Like 2

CoCo stuff, tons of it. My CoCo 2, my CoCo 3 (now defunct), my disk drives, quite a few carts, tons of disks, all my RAINBOWs...we never threw any of it away, though as a kid I did toss a dead cart or two (not knowing I could clean them), and I think we gave away a CoCo 1 at one point.

TRS-80 Model III stuff, none of it, because it was never ours to keep -- all of it was on loan from my mother's workplace. I still miss that stuff. :(

What was that doing in a shed, near a weed trimmer?

ROFL! Actually it was poking out the top of a box with a bunch of old books on a shelf on the other side of the shed. I probably would not have paid it any attention, except my interest in the TRS-80 has been growing lately.

• Like 1

I have the same cassette version of Scriptsit. I love those leather like binders. I have 99% of everything from '81 and on including such things as the RS game manuals still in bags, Micro magazines, catalogs, etc.

Only thing that really pissed me off was that my cassette cable and Orchestra 90 disappeared (yet I still have the manuals). Spent a week searching every inch of my house and they never turned up. Seem to be missing a storage tub of vintage stuff.

Found replacements on eBay and it's complete again.

Never really thought of it as a collection but I guess it is. I'll have to take some pics. I even have the books from the Radio Shack training courses that I took in 1983 @ 12 years old.

I'm curious, did you ever use OS9 on your CoCO?

Nope, I never got that far. I would've if I'd had access to it, I guess, but I was a young kid and despite reading RAINBOW (paging LeVar Burton!) I never quite understood what it did. The one I really wanted was the EDTASM cart, but...

I never owned a TRS-80, only a Commodore 64, but I have nothing original. Everything I have these days was purchased from eBay or other places. I did pick up some of those brown binders and documentation for my Model 4 though.

• Like 1

This is sad, while I was putting the weed trimmer back in the shed tonight, I spied something brown...

gallery_35324_1027_116986.jpg

gallery_35324_1027_67395.jpg

This is all I have left of my TRS-80 days... the folder of my first wordprocessor (before I upgraded to disk drives). Pretty pathetic if I do say so myself. :_(

Do you guys have anything original left?

I am truly glad this post ended the way it did, after reading the first line I though someone had shat in your shed ;)

I'm curious, did you ever use OS9 on your CoCO?

I have all my original OS9 disks and manuals. I had (still have but don't use) a Burke and Burke coco XT controller that adapter a PC RLL (?) controller to the coco. I ran a Seagate ST225 that booted OS9. Was great stuff back then.

I guess some people never move houses :-)

I have moved moved across Canada (and to two different cities) since I last used a Coco. Before every move, I endevour to purge piles of things that I would otherwise have to pay to haul to a new place.

I got a (Tandy) PC in 1988, and I sold/gave away all of my Coco stuff over the next few years.

I have utterly no regrets as I am not a hardcore collector, and, besides, I have no space to store piles of hardware, etc.

I guess some people never move houses :-)

Can't speak for anyone else, but I've moved more times than I can count over the past 20 years, including six different states!

The CoCo was stored with my parents for a while, though; when they moved, all our computer and console stuff came with them, and then I got the lot from them a while back. So the CoCo stuff has only moved twice, I suppose.

• 2 weeks later...

The only original hardware/software I have left from yesteryear is my floppy drive controller, my complete copy of "The Interbank Incident" and a bunch of Rainbow and Hot CoCo magazines.

Edit: I take that back-I think I have some OS 9 stuff in the basement, either software and/or manuals. I think I also have the copies my dad made of someone's Deskmate manuals so he had something to reference after he got copies of the software. He copied it onto paper he carefully unwound from a wire-bound notebook, which he then rewound back onto the wire for a nice clean manual.

Edited by Gamemoose

I found an old black TRS-80 mouse. Wonder if it will work on my 1000's :ponder:

My uncle had TRS-80 back then, but I really didn't pay attention much to tandy until the IBM/compatibles. Sometimes I wonder if and what i missed then.

I wasn't exactly allowed to have a TRS-80 then, it was (IIRC) deemed too serious. And my parents thought I'd be happier with the Apple II because it had color and could play games. Little did they know the trouble I'd get into with it!, and seemed to the best documented computer around.

But I did get a pocket computer TRS-80 PC-1.

• Like 1

I found an old black TRS-80 mouse. Wonder if it will work on my 1000's :ponder:

If it is a Coco mouse (one button), then it should indeed work (albeit as a joystick).

When I first got my 1000 SL, I used my original Coco joystick in lieu of a mouse. Deskmate had special drivers to support this option.

If it is a Coco mouse (one button), then it should indeed work (albeit as a joystick).

When I first got my 1000 SL, I used my original Coco joystick in lieu of a mouse. Deskmate had special drivers to support this option.

I think it is. I'll have to re-find it and see.

• 1 year later...