IGNORED

TI - Family Moments in Time

Omega-TI

I came across this old photo today of my son and I on the TI!

gallery_35324_1027_121052.jpg

Do any of you have any special moments in time with the TI?

Hey, how do we know you're actually on a TI? What program is that (looks 80 column, unlike TI)… can't see the system either. Printer waaaaay off to the right and discs in the center. Nobody I knew BITD that had a TI, had a disk drive or a printer to go with it! :rolling:

…should say *hardly* anybody. I had this goofy homemade looking adapter thing that plugged into the joystick port that hooked to some kind of a printer (serial?), but can't remember now if I was ever able to get it to work or work consistently. Think it was the latter.

***Also spy what looks like an iPod in the upper right hand corner of the vintage RTA computer desk. What kind of Tom Foolery is this? :lol:

• Like 1

Ahhhhhhh, you had a Joyprint interface. . .a neat alternative to an RS-232, Save2600.

It was *neat* and a cheaper alternative to the mess that was getting RS-232 out of a TI I guess. Just didn't have too much good luck with it BITD. :lol:

Sadly, I have no personal photos of me back in time, as when my dad remarried after my mom died, his new wife destoried anything to do with my past and my mom in it.

But the TI99 was my family in its own way, so my special moments are still saved out there by camera operators at various TI cons over the years, here is a few of them.

post-25991-0-13854800-1430788979_thumb.jpgPDVD_000.bmpPDVD_006.bmp

I think of those moments more like 'family' then my own personal ones, as I was young brat growing up thru those at that time almost monthly conferences around the world.

EDIT: Hmm. seems AtariAge does not like .bmp attachments, I will have to convert them later on for you.

Edited by Gary from OPA
  • Like 4

Hey, how do we know you're actually on a TI? What program is that (looks 80 column, unlike TI)… can't see the system either. Printer waaaaay off to the right and discs in the center. Nobody I knew BITD that had a TI, had a disk drive or a printer to go with it! :rolling:

***Also spy what looks like an iPod in the upper right hand corner of the vintage RTA computer desk. What kind of Tom Foolery is this? :lol:

Okay, here is another view taken a year later...

gallery_35324_1027_483617.jpg

That thing that looks like an iPod was actually a digital thermometer. At the time this photo was taken, I only had two DSDD drives for the CorComp controller card. The buttons on the front of the P-Box were for the 64K printer buffer. In the original photo you can probably also see some TI cartridges on top of the hutch.

• Like 2

Awesome. Love pictures like this. Have a few myself, but unfortunately, not of my TI system BITD. Hell, only managed to photograph but a few out of the multitude of game/computer/audio systems I've owned throughout the years.

Love the multi-line phone, coffee cup on the expansion bridge and the world band radio. Still have one of those to this day. Dial on the flip top, that lets you know what (universal) time it is. Very, very, very slick little workstation you have there! :)

That was a standard TI-99/4A when it started life. A lightning strike killed it. Sven rebuilt it using a mix of the surviving parts and a lot of TTL logic to rebuild it into the most unique TI clone out there. . .talk about a console mod! :) :) :)

• Like 1

Hey, how do we know you're actually on a TI? What program is that (looks 80 column, unlike TI)… can't see the system either.

The system is visible. For a fee (which you likely can't afford) I'll run it through the forensics lab and answer other questions.

post-4806-0-59994800-1431126525_thumb.png

• Like 1