IGNORED

Best Coco3 games?

eebuckeye

If you like Gauntlet, Gantelet 1 and 2 are excellent. With a CoCo 3 and the voice, Gantelet 2 showcases arcade action on the CoCo. My only issue is that to play best you need to set the game on fast, but then this stops the voice pak from working correctly. I need to mod the voice pak and I will be set.

If you like Gauntlet, Gantelet 1 and 2 are excellent. With a CoCo 3 and the voice, Gantelet 2 showcases arcade action on the CoCo. My only issue is that to play best you need to set the game on fast, but then this stops the voice pak from working correctly. I need to mod the voice pak and I will be set.

I wanted to type Gantelet but my Surface refused and kept correcting it to Gauntlet. :)

I vaguely remember something about doing a mod to the Speech pak so it works at high speed....

Do you have any more info on how to do this mod?

Here you go: http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.hardware.tandy.coco/7778

It is called the hi-speed POKE for the CoCo3. Many CoCo games are sloooow, so it really helps.

I'm pretty sure that Gantlet II is already bumped up to high speed in the program as it is a coco3 only game.

The high speed poke would help for the coco2 game, Gantlet.