IGNORED

How to mount an ATR in SDX using SIDE2 + Ultimate1MB

Marius

Hi all, and especially FJC,

Last night (encouraged by my own enthusiastic words about the U1MB and SIDE2 combination in the IDE+ thread) I fired up my U1MB 800xl with SIDE2. It still works great, and you are right about the portability of apt CF cards. Now I simply detached the CF card from my IDE+ and I inserted in my SIDE2 and I simply continued working. I absolutely absolutely absolutely LOVE that.

But now my question.

Since this setup can run ATR files from the FAT32 loader, I was wondering: is there a way to mount an ATR in SDX like I can do with IDE+ 2.0?

I found the ATRMNT on the CAR: in SDX, but on every ATR file it reports: Error mounting disk image.

Am I doing something wrong, or is ATRMNT not for SIDE2?

Is it possible in this setup? If yes, can the ATR files be on a SDFS 512bytes/sector partition? And if yes... can I mount more ATR's and swap them using the SIDE2 button?

Let me know... This is getting really interesting. I didn't expect this to be cool, but I was WRONG!

• Like 1

ATRMNT for IDE Plus is completely incompatible with SIDE. I wrote my own tools to mount ATRs from the SDX command line under Utimate/SIDE. You'll find them on the APT toolkit disk and on some of the custom SDX builds on my website. There's also MATR, which has a nice UI, and the SIDE loader itself, of course. Lots of ways to mount ATRs. :)

There is no such thing as "ATRMNT" for IDE+. The tool is called ATRM, and it should not be on the CAR:, unless you put it there, and it of course should not be on the CAR: build for SIDE, since, as FJC said, the methods of mounting are not compatible between these two solutions.

There is no such thing as "ATRMNT" for IDE+. The tool is called ATRM, and it should not be on the CAR:, unless you put it there, and it of course should not be on the CAR: build for SIDE, since, as FJC said, the methods of mounting are not compatible between these two solutions.

Quite right. I responded to this thread on the phone at first and for some reason assumed ProWizard was referring to ATRM.

ATRMNT is indeed a utility I wrote (rather longer ago than I can remember, it seems) for SDX which mounts an ATR on Ultimate/SIDE via the command line. I think the problem is that the OP is attempting to mount an ATR without first installing the FATFS.SYS driver, which anyway requires a FAT16 partition and not a FAT32 partition. ATRMNT works via the SDX filesystem until it makes an SIO call to the Ultimate PBI BIOS (in order to actuate the mount), so FATFS.SYS and a FAT16 partition is required.

The other confusingly named tool MATR operates directly with FAT16/32 partitions, and requires no file system driver. It's all described in the manual on my website, which is fortunate given the inaccuracy of my memory. :)