IGNORED

Lantronix and HDX

TI-GAMER

I'm reading this thread and wondering (since I'm still building my TI setup), now that I see that the lantronix is just a Parallel/serial LAN adapter, would any other similar devices work? I ask because I have one of these laying around:

http://www.fief.org/sysadmin/images/parallelether2.jpg

For a standard terminal program, that should not be an issue, at least for manual connections. A legacy programs auto-dial features may not work with the device for various though. Some reason(s) could include: The fields for the number entries are not long enough to support IP numbers or the the device many not FULLY implement the Hayes command set, so the connect features may not function properly.

On the TI-99/4A, Stuart's Internet Browser REQUIRES the Lantronix and will not work without it, as it's dependent on it's features (if I remember correctly).

I also know people are getting excited about this new 80 column color ANSI terminal program, but please keep in mind that while Stuart's Internet Browser WILL work on BOTH the Nano and the P-Box units, terminal programs like Telco will NOT function on Nano-PEB's.

• Like 1

Yes, BUT if he uses the same RS-232 card for his Lantronix or a modem, he'll have to tell Greg to put a toggle switch on it so he can RE-ENABLE the interrupt when necessary. Without the interrupt enabled, nothing coming in will be seen my the terminal program.

I always include a wire and jumper that sticks out the back to enable/disable interrupts.. Pretty much you leave it on unless the DSR is corrupted, then you can't boot up the 4/a until it's disabled.

Greg

I'm reading this thread and wondering (since I'm still building my TI setup), now that I see that the lantronix is just a Parallel/serial LAN adapter, would any other similar devices work? I ask because I have one of these laying around:

http://www.fief.org/sysadmin/images/parallelether2.jpg

lantronix is serial.. that one you pictured is parallel.. BIG difference.. Serial we can talk with just a regular term program.. parallel no drivers, no programs

• Like 1