IGNORED

Obelix

Malathion5

I bought this Obelix cart from a guy in France a while back. The auction was listed as a PAL cart, and when I got the cart the label was the NTSC version with no "P" on the end label. There was however a "P" sticker on the back of the cart so I just assumed that it was a PAL version as advertised.

I plugged it in to see the rolling effect the other day and it didn't, roll that is. It played perfectly well. (Pretty fun game BTW)

So, Do I have a PAL version (Rarity 7) or an NTSC version (Rarity 10!)

I was reading up on the PAL / NTSC thing and apparently when you stick a PAL cart in an NTSC machine it will always roll.

Any ideas here?

I was reading up on the PAL / NTSC thing and apparently when you stick a PAL cart in an NTSC machine it will always roll.

You're either mistaken, or what you read was poorly researched. A PAL cart played on NTSC equipment will always do one or more of the following:

- roll

- not roll at first, then roll

- roll at first, then not roll

- roll on some days, but not on others

- roll within a certain temperature range

- not roll

Which behavior(s) you may see depend on the title of the game, model of the TV, quality of video cabling and connections and luck.

Ben

So it's a rarity 7. Good enough to me.

Roll in a certain temperature range eh? I did have my white shoes on when I plugged it in, maybe that's what made it work.

As for how to play it, you run into the guys moving back and forth to stun them. Then when the guy on top is above the stunned guy on the bottom you press fire and drop a log or something on the stunned guy to kill him.

Something like that anyway. The html manual tells you how to play.

You walk with Asterix. And when you press Fire, Obleix drop a stone. You must hit with the stone the guys from Roma (in germany they call Römer).

When you hit one with the stone you can walk with Asterix to him and get points. This is all what you can do I think.

Don't walk to them, when they not hit by the stone before, then you die. And you should not trow the stone on Asterix.

When you are to slow, the guys walk faster and can't hit by the stone anymore for a moment (when I not wrong). :)