IGNORED

Nothing like the first time...

So I was playing Jet Set Radio Future Monday night, and I just wished I could play it again for the first time, sigh...

Just the excitement of what was coming next, I mean, I know what to expect now. The first time I saw Dinosaur Park, I was stunned. It was so much fun.

And I still love playing it, I'll listen to the soundtrack in my car and just want to play it, but some of the magic is gone...

Same thing with Halo, I've played it a ton, and it's still fun, but it just makes me so nostalgic, kind of like the first time you fall in love...

sigh

*listening to Smashing Pumpkins*

I know what you mean... I played through the 80's RPG Wasteland a week or two ago, and was disappointed at how much I remembered of it. I never realized before how hard the game would actually be if I hadn't somehow memorized the passwords and junk (since actually finding them is a lot of trial and error). It ended up taking me only a week or so of casual play to beat it, when it should have taken a month or so. Oh well, at least I can play Neuromancer without remembering everything! Never got around to that one before.

Similarly, I keep looking through my old Where's Waldo books every once in a while, hoping that I've forgotten where he was in all the pictures... but somehow I still remember. Maybe I have a photographic memory or somthing weird.

--Zero

I remember the "shock and awe" I experienced playing Shenmue I and II (yes, AND II) on my Dreamcast. When I was playing those games, I was playing them for hours every night.

I told myself I'd go back and play 'em again... maybe look for things I might have missed the first time through, since I was concerned with the overarching story/goal and not the little details... but I've never gotten the urge to pop the disc back in.

Shame I can't get a Shenmue III for my DC.

But....but...I thought the "enormous" library of "good" Xbox titles was keeping you quite happy?  :D

Yes there are quite a few XBox games that I enjoy, but there aren't going to be any more Jet Set games :sad: and I'll never get to experience one again for the first time. I've beat both of them many times and I know every inch of JSRF. Every nook and cranny, nothing left to surprise me...

I've always found after I finish a game that I very rarely go back to it for a long long time. Usually long enough I can't remember what comes next so it's all new again.

That's why I prefer old "endless"games like most of the VCS library. There's never closure, only the desire to score more.

yeah, I wish I could see Rogue Leader again for the first time, as well as Crazy Taxi and PSO (online). I want the kind of amnesia that they get in 'The bold and the beautiful' - that'd do it:)

I know what ya mean foxy, nothing beats the first time you get your hands on a great game you fall in love in with.

I had that feelings with tons of games, but nothing will ever beat out my first xperience with the 2600 - Seaquest :) First game i ever played

Yes there are quite a few XBox games that I enjoy, but there aren't going to be any more Jet Set games  :sad:  and I'll never get to experience one again for the first time. I've beat both of them many times and I know every inch of JSRF. Every nook and cranny, nothing left to surprise me...

They are making one for the GBA,but it won't be the same.

:|

I loved both the Jet Set games,I wish more people did too so we could have a third. :sad: :x

I heard that the GBA game will try to "mimic" cel-shading somehow. I know the GBA is powerful, but I can't picture that. And is Smilebit developing it?

I think they are,but not sure.

I have seen pics of the game,it looks ok but it will never be the same.Just won't look/feel/sound the same. :sad: