IGNORED

Photo Comparisons of Four Types of INTY Hook-Ups

Hello everyone,

I just finished modding my INTY Model I.

Here's the mod I installed:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/181043125890?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

The operation was a success and the video is acceptable...although I must admit I was hoping for a better.

I decided to compare the video quality of my new mod with other hook-ups...and share the results with my AA family.

I chose (2) screen-shots from the game "Pinball" to use for the comparisons.

The television is a 47" Phillips LCD (an older model) and I took the photos while sitting (7) feet from the screen.

Here were the different hook-ups I used:

- RF-Out / Coax-In

- My new Composite mod

- Intellivision Flashback

- Wii emulation with Component hook-up

Which one do you think is best?

All the best,

StephenJ

post-26744-0-02907300-1431798797_thumb.jpg

post-26744-0-49432600-1431798805_thumb.jpg

That's the AV mod I have used in the Intellivisions I've worked on. To be honest, it's difficult to see much difference in your photos between the coax/RF and the AV/composite. Maybe if you had higher resolution versions I could detect more of the differences.

Personally, I've been happy with that mod, but some Intellivisions seem to put out a really clean RF signal to begin with, so in those cases, the quality gained is small visually, but of course you do get an easier way to connect the system, and you also get nice clean audio out as a bonus.

I used that mod also and am happy with it. Audio improvement is especially nice. And good quality cables make a big difference.

If you want really good video comparisons, try a screen with a colored background, like green. Then you will really see the ghosts and bleeding. Black tends to camouflage that.

Edited by mthompson

Didn't mean to put a negative tone to my post. Although I was hoping for a better image, I'm still satisfied with the mod. I think it stacks-up rather well against the other examples. As pointed out by nurmix, it's easier to hook-up and the sound is excellent. It was an easy mod to install and only cost $23 delivered. No complaints on my end.

StephenJ

Edited by StephenJ