IGNORED

R.I.P my Atari 800 XL Computer, 1983-2015.

Hello, happy to hear from fellow atari enthusiests that actually still own and use these awesome

machines. Flash back to 1984, I had an atari 2600 that I received for christmas in 1981, I enjoyed

the games, but they left me wanting better graphics, and sound. So fast forward to 1984 I found an

Atari 600XL, shiny and new, and on sale in my local sears store, so I purchased the 600XL, an atari

1010 recorder, and a brand new upgraded version of Pacman, I think I dropped about $400.00 total

on everything. That 600XL was the bomb man, I think over the next 5 years I purchased several other

games for it, and even learned to program on it, it was great, but the keys started popping off the keyboard, and I thought it was time to get rid of this fossil and move on, so I did drop the 600XL off at the local goodwill and moved on. Now fast forward to 2010, I was on ebay and what should I find?? An

Atari 600XL with 2 games and 1 controller for $29.00, and $15.00 shipping. I won the auction and got it a few days later and I have enjoyed it from day one. Back in 2012 I was lucky enough to also purchase

an Atari 800XL with 64K memory for the awesome price of $39.00, with $10.00 shipping. These 2

computers are the best ones to come off the assembly line, and will eventually snap up another 800XL

should I have funds to do so. Dont fool yourself into believing these units are hard to come by, the only

problem is finding someone willing to turn them loose. It would take quite a chunk of change to get mine,

but I'm not ready to sell just yet. Good luck on the hunt, and I hope you can return to playing your unit soon!!\