IGNORED

just got Polo in the mail!!!

Mock

First off...great job on the package and contents! It is very nice!

The game is great! A lot of fun to play...if you have not tried it yet...give it a shot and if you are a serious collector, you need this game in your collection...well worth the money!

Thanks!

Mock :D

Yes, I got mine today as well. It is a top notch effort all the way. Good work Cassidy.

I do have one point of curiousity tho...

Why does it have problems with some 2600's? I am confused by the addendum on the package which states "... if the introduction screen comes up incorrectly, simply unplug the 2600 and turn the unit on (While unplugged) for 1-3 minutes" :? What the heck. I am wondering if this was tested extensively before it was mass produced. I haven't played mine yet. However, does it play on a 7800? I have Cassidy's other version and it worked fine.

-Lee

Yes, I got mine today as well. It is a top notch effort all the way.  Good work Cassidy.

I do have one point of curiousity tho...

Why does it have problems with some 2600's? I am confused by the addendum on the package which states "... if the introduction screen comes up incorrectly, simply unplug the 2600 and turn the unit on (While unplugged) for 1-3 minutes"  :?  What the heck.  I am wondering if this was tested extensively before it was mass produced. I haven't played mine yet. However, does it play on a 7800? I have Cassidy's other version and it worked fine.

-Lee

if i remember right Cassidy DID have a problem with the other batch also (same problem) and posted about it here on AA (unless that was a dream) :D

Take care,

Rick

First of all, thanks to all of you for the kudos. That really means a lot to me. And to think, all of this started because I wanted to make my own speed up chip for Pac Man!!!

I added the label, because I have two very finniky long rainbow juniors that do not like that Polo program. If you turn the system on and off a few times, something in the 2600 does not get "cleared" when the intro comes on, and all of the graphics get wierd. Like instead of POLO at the top, it comes up POLIO, and the word PROTO come out ROPTR. Wierd. Then, sometimes the horse will be on the screen backwards and the Air-Sea battle startup sound comes on.

It has only ever happened to these 2 long rainbows. I have never heard of it happening on any other system, but I figured I should warn anyone that it may happen. If you turn the system on while its unplugged, it drains the caps in the system, and then the logic states all return to 0 (low), and the game is fine.

You guys have no idea how good you made me feel. Osmeroid and Chris Tumber's work was outstanding, and I am really happy that you all like it.

Currently, I am reading 3 books on 6502 programming. I am aiming for a new game of my own in 2 years. We'll see how that goes.... In the meantime, play on, and thanks a ton for the support.

:)

Cassidy

Was just playing my new polo I got in the mail from Cassidy yesterday, and was surprised by what a fun game it actually was. Great packaging and presentation as well. It really goes the extra mile. It always amazes me how much gameplay they could squeeze into such simple graphic display.

Just got my copy of Polo in the mail today. Am amazed and impressed at the quality and professional job that was done on the box, manual, and cart lable.

I'm sitting here wondering if I should actually insert the cartridge into my 2600 or just put the whole thing in my living room display case for guests to drool over???

Thanks for a GREAT job Cassidy and Thanks for the supporting us 2600 lovers!

Mendon

I just saw on ebay someone sold last year's release for $53 bucks!  I only charged 40 new!

I was watching that as well. Too rich for my blood! Especially since I just got a vol. 2 for $40 a week-and-a-half ago. (I like the second press better, anyway!)

I added the label, because I have two very finniky long rainbow juniors that do not like that Polo program. If you turn the system on and off a few times, something in the 2600 does not get "cleared" when the intro comes on, and all of the graphics get wierd. Like instead of POLO at the top, it comes up POLIO, and the word PROTO come out ROPTR. Wierd. Then, sometimes the horse will be on the screen backwards and the Air-Sea battle startup

sound comes on.  

It has only ever happened to these 2 long rainbows. I have never heard of it happening on any other system, but I figured I should warn anyone that it may happen.

Cassidy,

Thanks for the explanation. Better safe than sorry. I like that.

BTW: I did play my Polo on my 7800. Works and plays fine.

Now, if Mark (Sunmark) would get back and tell us why his CommaVid multi-cart won't work on 7800's that'd be great.

Thanks,

-Lee