IGNORED

Let's Play Gaming Expo : Aug 1-2 2015, Plano Tx

98PaceCar

I am extremely excited to announce the Let’s Play Gaming Expo, the newest video game convention to come to the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex. The first ever Let’s Play Gaming Expo will be on August 1–2, 2015 at the Plano Centre in Plano, Texas.

Inspired by the YouTube “Let’s Play” videos, the Let’s Play Gaming Expo celebrates everything that is gaming. We will feature 80 vendor tables, 75 arcade cabinets, a Smash Bros. tournament, a special Classic Tetris World Championship Qualifier, retro game tournaments, a 4 square tournament, live music, video game panels, and of course special guests!
Mark your calendars and make the trip to Plano to check us out! There will be more announcements made on both our webpage and Facebook, so check back frequently and get ready for a packed weekend of gaming!

• 1 month later...

I missed you there PaceCar. If we are ever going to meet again, I guess I need to finally take you up on that offer to come over and check out your stash This had a kinda post-crash feel to it, but the arcade was incredible. I only went on Sunday afternoon thinking the arcade would be a bunch of fighters platformers and late shooters, but it was a pre-crash (or just post) dreamland for me. So many color vector games, I just couldn't get out of that room. This was a great arcade, and I wish I'd had more time at the event. I didn't even get to see or play the VB!

Great arcade games I played
Empire Strikes Back!
Wacko
Reactor
Quatum
GaPlus
That weird Trek captains chair thing (DIY)
Star Castle
Asteroids Delux
Battlezone
Satan's Hollow (cabaret)
Did I mention Empire Strikes back!

I didn't even make it to Gravitar, Major Havoc or the cockpit SW arcade. Red Baron seemed to have a control problem by the time I got to it.

While I was there the arcade had pretty low traffic, and I could walk around and pretty much play whatever I wanted right away. There were some games like Space Paranoids, Fix it Felix Jr, and Last Starfighter that would fit into the arcade "homebrew" category too - just awesome.

Dang, I wish I would have seen you there. The arcade was my responsibility during the show, so I rarely got to leave that room. Probably had my head in a game the whole time you were there! Really glad you enjoyed it though! The folks that helped me with it are all into older oddities, so we did have a rather unique blend of games. We are already in talks to expand next year and have our collective eyes looking out for some new surprises!

Getting ready for this expo has been eating all of my time for months, but now that things are calming down a bit I would like to get back together. Right now, my house is covered in arcade games waiting to go back into their proper spot, but once I get that done I'll let you know.

BTW, I at least found my stash of C= stuff and it does look like I have a spare system. I haven't made any time to test yet, but having one is the first step!

• Like 1