IGNORED

Is there a way to search the CoCo Archive?

RangerG

You can download each month's worth of messages from the link provided at the top of this thread. The download is in a GZIP'ed file in MBOX format. One uncompressed, this format is digestable by any number of mail clients. You should be able to script the download fairly simply, rather than having to click and save each month's tarball.

Anyway, once you extract all the archives locally they can be searched fairly simply. It would be nice if the Mailman archiver did things a bit differently, but at least everything is there back to 2003.

Could be worse. Could be like the forum/comments section of coco3.com.

I know we're dealing with 30 year old tech but does the community have to use similarly archaic methods of communication to reach out to each other?

What's the next technological leap in the Coco-related communication likely to be? CB Radio?

• Like 2

You guys are free to use whatever you like -- I guess I just don't see how clicking around a bunch of different pages on multiple sites is somehow an improvement over opening my email client and looking in the coco folder.

Of course, if you are using a web browser to read an email list then I can see your confusion... :-)