IGNORED

lynx II screen issue

bdoi

Hi

My lynx II screen shows signs of weakness. I think it come from the screen directly because I tried it on another lynx and and it did the same.

As you can see there are some parasites.

If someone knows a solution or if someone has a screen for lynx II that he doesn't use anymore thanks to the Mcwill screen , tell me :)

thanks

post-41873-0-68987800-1433832673_thumb.jpg

post-41873-0-36964400-1433832687_thumb.jpg

For requests like these it is nice to know roughly where the requests come from. EU, US, JP? If you are close to Finland I would love to help out. If we are talking international posting the screen is likely to be cracked when it arrives and the postage, custom declarations etc make it less attractive to help a fellow lynxer fix his screen. Last month I got two small 2.8" LCD screens from China. Both were broken when they arrived.

thanks for your answer karri.

I am from France. I think internationnal europe postage is doable in little box and i can pay via paypal as "a gift".

But I also want to know if someone has ever had this kind of screen issue and if it fixable or if I just have to change the screen.

regards

LCD can rot from the inside over time. I have a couple that looks like someone used a shotgun to it, lots of "holes" that only shows solid white and when I removed it for the new LCD, the old LCD looked like it's missing the crystal. Like something ate it.

LCD can rot from the inside over time. I have a couple that looks like someone used a shotgun to it, lots of "holes" that only shows solid white and when I removed it for the new LCD, the old LCD looked like it's missing the crystal. Like something ate it.

You know what, everytime whem am hit the puase button on the kynx i do see a black flash on the side of the lcd screen, i am affraid that on one day, if i will push too hard on the pause button, it may eccidentaly damage the lcd screen of it.

No.

Long story: there are 4 tabs that holds the lens in place, If you pried the lens off, you will likely break a couple of them. You need to take it apart all the way down to the button pad to access the 4 tabs and pop it out.

Sucks though. Gameboy had an easy way: just glue. A good suction or a flat thin knife can remove the old lens and a new one drops in.