IGNORED

I need your advice: What are the best trackball programs?

Omega-TI

Centipede (of course) and Barrage are the two I played using the trackball. Oh and also Killer Caterpiller, which is basically a Centipede clone. I have the file, I can put it up on the BBS for download, cuz you sure as heck wont find the cartridge anywhere.

I guess I'll have to locate Barrage again... think it's on the TIGAMESHELF. Centipede I suck at, but I'll try to locate a copy to try out. Killer Caterpillar eh? I guess I better log off 'ol Atari Age and hit the BBS! :grin: THANKS!

Just to clarify, none of these games actually take advantage of the trackball's speed, correct? As far as they are concerned, it's just a joystick.

That's correct. The trackball does not have the same characteristics or feel as playing the actual Centipede game in an arcade cabinet.

Just to clarify, none of these games actually take advantage of the trackball's speed, correct? As far as they are concerned, it's just a joystick.

AFAIK, that's correct. I think mine needs a little cleaning because when I just now *TRIED* to play barrage, the ball was spinning really fast, but the cross hairs were not responding evenly or keeping up. I probably need to remove a few years of finger grease off the rollers with some Isopropyl alcohol.

I have been meaning to try all of these games with my trackball... I am watching with great interest. I think this week I might actually have time to test some of them out.

I've had the best luck so far with TI-Invaders and the Breakout game in the XB2.7s cartridge. Once I clean the rollers it should be fantastic.