IGNORED

Trying to fix my Philips CDi 910

I been having some problems with my Philips CDi 910. The front joystick input and Ir are not working.

I knew about the joystick problem for some time, but did not want to spend time in fixing it, and also I did not know about the Ir problem, because I did not have any remote controls for it.

So, I just received Remote control joystick form AA member, and found out that is not working. It got me thinking: Why both inputs are not working???

I used my old Sony camcorder with night vision to verify that the remote is working and it does, I can see the light coming from the remote.

It took me day or two to find service manual for the CDi. I found one for 220 not the 910 I have, but it's close.

Looking at the diagrams and schematics I came to conclusion that the "SLAVE" chip #7206 is bad (or some portion of it). Both inputs, Ir and front joystick, are connected to the chip.

I have on my unit rear joystick port and I verified that my joystick is working fine. According to the schematics the rear port is connected to the 68070 chip.

Does anyone have a broken CDi I could get the SLAVE chip from?

• 7 years later...

It might be waaay too early to me to respond to you because i readed about those mistery issues about the CDI just recently,but however to you this response may come waaay too late, BUT 

i believe the reason why those controllers and remotes don’t respond might have to do with crackle wires inside,or those contacts from those buttons are dirty so i might suggest you to open up those controllers and remotes and clean everything inside with alcohol including the motherboard and buttons also for what i do know is that if the time battery inside the console is dead then many functions of the CDI will be disabled,including  keeping track of the time and your saved data will be lost forever,heck i even heard that some games can’t be played at all because of this,well in such i hope for you that battery didn’t leak as it will can cause corrosion on the motherboard,(you need to use a dremel to get access to that dying battery,SHAME on you philips)

also some games do require the digital video card to function ,(why on earth didn’t they preinstalled it on all CDI players right out of the box is beyond me,only the 550 model of the CDI had it builtin SHAME on you philips)

Now as far as i do know the digital video card is used for mpeg video,however for what i,ve heard games such as lemmings,hotel mario and those zelda games DON’T require the digital video card to play it’s FMV sections,i guess those games do use a different video format wich the CDI might support right out of the box??? mmmm,

well so far i recieved my CDI 450 model with no digital video card shipped with it🙁  while the rest of those games and the necessary controller has yet to come to arrive on my doorstep just sothat i can find out if everything will work fine with mine and if theres no mysteriousness surrounding it because that’s what i,ve also heard about, all those mysteriousness surrounding the CDI depending on wich model you own along with wich type of games,remotes and controllers and whether theres a digital video card builtin or not etc,,,it seems like to be a hit or miss situation because of this🙁

• Like 1