IGNORED

Do these pictures really have to be this big?

Mathy

Hello sargie

You didn't hurt my feelings.

But you're forgetting a few things:

- If somebody takes the time to shoot the pictures and upload them here, (s)he wants to show us something. Otherwise they do not take that effort. So if we don't take a look at the pictures, why upload and take them? If these pictures are too big and we have to either scroll 'em or download and shrink them, some of us are gonna think: "Wait a minute... Is this worth my effort?" And the more the answer to that question is "No!", the faster the point in time approaches, when we think twice before looking at a picture. Which defeats the purpose of putting a picture on a forum.

- Not only are screen resolutions getting bigger, but so are the pictures. Screen resolution will always be less than camera resolution.

Sincerely

Mathy

Edited by Mathy

No. I right-clicked each individual picture I wanted to look at. I simply never noticed that this worked before, so it's good enough for me for the moment. And the important point is that I DID NOT want the pictures to be lower resolution, since it was nice to zoom in on detail when required.

Edited by flashjazzcat

I do the same as FJC, or right-click and open with an external viewer which has its default settings to fit-to-screen. But I get what Mathy's saying. When I'm reading AA on my tablet, I really dislike having to swipe/scroll around a huge blurry picture.

• 3 weeks later...