IGNORED

Most annoying enemies in video games.

Ever play a game where there is one enemy that is flat out annoying, an asshole, total dick moves, and a pain in the rear you throw your controller at the screen in frustration. Whether classic or modern here is one that comes to mind I absolutley hate!!!

Medusa heads from Castlevania on the NES

Time is yours.......post-32978-0-86462300-1434912700_thumb.jpeg

• Like 1

The medusas move in regular patterns with predictable timing and are carefully placed where they can be avoided. Those I don't mind, because if I get hit by one, it's entirely my fault. Their zones can be memorized and planned for.

It's not as specific, but I find the turtle shells (all of them) in the 3d mario kart games to be my most annoying enemies. Winning those games isn't about talent or memorization. There's a random element to it too, but that's not really the whole story either. Those games are really just about patience. It's about putting up with being punished repeatedly, for no good reason at all, and being stupid enough to come back for more. I can't do it. They pad those games with pure frustration. Most other kart racers at least put in an easy to use item that can be strategically deployed to reduce punishment levels. It generally makes them far better games. Any turtle shell evasion that can be done in the 3d MKs is a lot closer to glitching than strategy.

Edited by Reaperman
  • Like 3

Original Zelda game, that room with 6 or 7 blue Darknuts that seems to stay grouped together, making it hard for you to get to the back and stab one in the back. Gotta repeat that about 200 times to clear the room unless you went far ahead collecting heart containers to upgrade to master sword first.

• Like 1

Original Zelda game, that room with 6 or 7 blue Darknuts that seems to stay grouped together, making it hard for you to get to the back and stab one in the back. Gotta repeat that about 200 times to clear the room unless you went far ahead collecting heart containers to upgrade to master sword first.

Know the levels. Level 5 and 8. They weren't so bad. The blue wizzrobes are the biggest dicks!!

- The big fish that jump out of the water and try to eat you in SMB 3 on NES. I always get gobbled up by one of those bastards when I play it.

- The bats in Pitfall 2. Annoying how you "slide" back to your last checkpoint when one of those damn bats hits you. That's the main reason I prefer the original Pitfall; I just feel it is a more playable game than Pitfall 2.

• Like 1

I'm surprised nobody's mentioned the Hammer Brothers, particularly from SMB1, even though they're slightly more tolerable in SMB3, and somewhat easier in SMW. But with those things, you're going through World 7 or 8, you die half-way through one of the levels, and start right near one of them as small Mario, and if they're not in groups of two, on those two rows of platforms above you, you're staring at them, waiting for an opening, thinking "how long is this going to take...?!" The one I really can't stand is on... 5-3, I think. There's one standing on a block stairway, right after a set of two short platforms... have a fire flower, and he's easy, but die half-way through the level, and restart near that point, as small Mario... oh, boy...

Unless maybe someone knows a better way to take them out, when they're on the same platform as you, and you have no power-ups?

(Speaking of SMB3, I always thought its death sound was interesting: the first few notes that sound like Mario crying out, in the NES version)

• Like 2

I'm surprised nobody's mentioned the Hammer Brothers, particularly from SMB1, even though they're slightly more tolerable in SMB3, and somewhat easier in SMW. But with those things, you're going through World 7 or 8, you die half-way through one of the levels, and start right near one of them as small Mario, and if they're not in groups of two, on those two rows of platforms above you, you're staring at them, waiting for an opening, thinking "how long is this going to take...?!" The one I really can't stand is on... 5-3, I think. There's one standing on a block stairway, right after a set of two short platforms... have a fire flower, and he's easy, but die half-way through the level, and restart near that point, as small Mario... oh, boy...

Unless maybe someone knows a better way to take them out, when they're on the same platform as you, and you have no power-ups?

(Speaking of SMB3, I always thought its death sound was interesting: the first few notes that sound like Mario crying out, in the NES version)

The Hammer Bros. Are my second most hated! Absolute pricks and totally agree. Mostly in the first and definetley the Lost Levels. World 5-2 and near the end In 8-4 in the first and Vs. Super Mario Bros. You have to either run underneath orva lucky stomp with no hammer thrown. 8-3 you can just leap over them.

- The big fish that jump out of the water and try to eat you in SMB 3 on NES. I always get gobbled up by one of those bastards when I play it.

- The bats in Pitfall 2. Annoying how you "slide" back to your last checkpoint when one of those damn bats hits you. That's the main reason I prefer the original Pitfall; I just feel it is a more playable game than Pitfall 2.

The fish in SMB3 that try to eat you is named "Boss Bass". Always called him Boss Basstard!! :lol: Not as worse as the flyibg fish in SMB.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...