IGNORED

Classic99 and Windows Notepad .txt files

Keith99er

I'm new to Classic99 - wanted to write TI Basic using Notepad, save in the DSK1 folder as a .txt file - but get I/O Error 50 or 57 when trying to load.

I'm trying to open TEST.TXT in Classic99 by typing OLD DSK1.TEST.TXT

Not sure which bit I'm doing wrong...

I'm new to Classic99 - wanted to write TI Basic using Notepad, save in the DSK1 folder as a .txt file - but get I/O Error 50 or 57 when trying to load.

I'm trying to open TEST.TXT in Classic99 by typing OLD DSK1.TEST.TXT

Not sure which bit I'm doing wrong...

You can type it in a text file, but you will need to paste it into TI BASIC / Extended Basic in Classic99. Under the Edit menu.

It will not open a text file that way.

Once you get it pasted you can then type "SAVE DSKx.FILENAME" where x=disk drive #.. Without the quotes of course.

Edited by Cschneider

The problem is that the BASIC or XB program is "tokenized" - it is converted to a more compact form that is usable by the BASIC/XB interpreter. If you use a sector editor, or just look at the program in memory using Classic99's debugger, you will see that it bears little resemblance to what you typed. The interpreter does this tokenizing automatically when you type in a program line. I suppose it would be possible to modify the program loading routines to convert a .txt file into an actual program, but it seems like a lot of work when Classic99's paste option lets the interpreter handle that process.

• Like 1

Maybe a good point to recall that I added a BASIC import in TIImageTool 2.0. You can paste a BASIC program from a web page or other document into the text window, and it will be stored as a PRG file on the disk image (i.e. fully tokenized), or as MERGE, or LONG, as you choose.

• Like 1