IGNORED

Genesis-to-7800 controller adapter

JaySeaver

So, I'm playing some 7800 games that require 2 buttons for the first time in a while the other night (and thus am using the official 7800 controllers) and discover that

(A) those things really hurt my hand,

(B) my first controller always moves left and the buttons on the second stick.

Now, I've got a couple of Genesis controllers and I've seen the diagram in the 2600 FAQ about how to adapt them. I also know that I would probably hurt myself somehow if I tried to build an adapter (even presuming I had the proper equipment).

So I was wondering... Is there anybody out there who could build me a couple adapters at a reasonable price?

So, I'm playing some 7800 games that require 2 buttons for the first time in a while the other night (and thus am using the official 7800 controllers) and discover that

(A) those things really hurt my hand,

(B) my first controller always moves left and the buttons on the second stick.

Now, I've got a couple of Genesis controllers and I've seen the diagram in the 2600 FAQ about how to adapt them.  I also know that I would probably hurt myself somehow if I tried to build an adapter (even presuming I had the proper equipment).

So I was wondering...  Is there anybody out there who could build me a couple adapters at a reasonable price?

What's your definition of reasonable? If you're willing to pay kind of a lot, I'd definitely be willing to at least try to build the adapter. I've seen how to do it, I'm pretty sure I could...

I just built a set for someone, but don't plan on doing any more, it takes too much time that could be spent on other projects or actually playing.

My cost breakdown:

1 Radio Shack project box $2.50

1 RS project board $2.00

1 Quickshot dual joystick (only bought for the two genesis cables) $4.00 at Goodwill

2 din-9 male connectors

resistors and transistors-- had laying around

About four hours labor for gathering stuff, drilling, and soldering. If you're good enough to build everything into a 7800, it will get cheaper and faster