IGNORED

printer hookup

daafies

so i decided to hook up my citizen 120D to my ti-99/4a. but no luck so far... in XB i do

10 open #1:"PIO"

20 print #1:"blabla"

30 close #1

but no output and program is stuck. FCNT+4 (CLEAR) give error 36, which means "hardware error or pressing CLEAR to stop reception of a pending or in progress operation"

printer is set to epson FX mode and works with my apple 2c and trs-80 model 100.

i made a cable like so (following printer and PHP1220 manual):

TI <-> printer

1 1 (strobe)

2 2 (data1)

. .

9 9 (data8)

10 10 (ack)

11 19-30,33 (GND)

according the php1220 pins 11 and 16 on the ti are "logic ground". but according to the tech pages (http://www.unige.ch/medecine/nouspikel/ti99/pinouts.htm) they are GND. the printer manual lists ground pins (19-30,33) AND a logic ground pin 16 (logic ground 0V level, source is printer) .... should this pin be shorted to the other ground pins perhaps?

thanks!

david

Edited by daafies

The CorComp RS232 manual lists the card's pins the same as TI's except that the “Logic Ground” pins 11 and 16 are marked just “Ground”. That said, the CC manual says of pins 10, 11 and 16:

Parallel Printer

Port Connector

-------- ---------

10-------11 (or Printer's BUSY line)

11-------?? To Printer's Chassis Ground

16-------?? To Printer's Logic Ground

...lee

Hi Lee, thanks! Ill try busy line instead of /ACK. Also look like you can just short all grounds.

Re shorting grounds—yes, for my Panasonic, at least. Different printers often required a few different connections, especially for RS232 pin 10.

Also, note the better diagram in my last post.

...lee

Re shorting grounds—yes, for my Panasonic, at least. Different printers often required a few different connections, especially for RS232 pin 10.

Also, note the better diagram in my last post.

...lee

Yes i saw the cool diagram, thanks :) ill try the busy pin first before shorting grounds

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk