IGNORED

Team Pixelboy News Bulletin - July 15th 2015

Pixelboy

Hello ColecoVisioneers! :D

Posting a Team Pixelboy News Bulletin in the middle of July, while many people are away on vacation, is probably not the best idea, but I do have some news to report, and I figure people will read it once they are back home and visiting these forums again. :)

SEPTEMBER RELEASES ARE COMING ALONG JUST FINE... WELL, ALMOST...

Front Line S.C.E., Boxxle, Spelunker and The Stone of Wisdom are on schedule for their September release day, although I'm not entirely sure of the exact date yet (more on that later in this bulletin). Knightmare is currently under beta-testing and I'm confident it will be ready in time for September as well.

Ghostbusters is another story, however. Eduardo delivered the very first release candidate ROM last week, but I spotted a couple of rough edges which I asked Eduardo to fix, and I'm still waiting. Because I can't be sure what kind of issues will come up during beta-testing, and because I will be struggling to find the time between now and September to work on the manual of the game, I'm not 100% sure I'll be able to release the game in September as planned. I'll do my best to meet the deadline, of course. :)

One game that will absolutely NOT be ready for September is Jewel Panic. Back in May, I thought I would have enough time over the summer to finish (and beta-test) the software of that game, but then reality drew a big fat bazooka from its pocket and blew that plan to smithereens: I only had two university courses during this summer semester, but those two courses kept me coding, testing, reading and writing documents like you wouldn't believe. I never had a chance to work on Jewel Panic, and with everything I have to do to get the September releases ready, and all the work I'll have to do this fall towards the Christmas releases, I'm fairly certain I won't be able to work on Jewel Panic again before 2016. But on the upside, pushing back Jewel Panic means I should be able to deliver all the other games on my schedule on time.

MY SCHEDULE FOR THE NEXT FEW MONTHS

My last final exam for this summer semester will happen on July 30th, and between now and then, I won't have much time to work on any Team Pixelboy projects. But I'll have no school to worry about in August, and I'll be spending most of that valuable free time working on the box templates for the Christmas releases, as I'll want to send these templates to the printer in Germany in early September. I will also work on a short private project in August, which is not related to Team Pixelboy.

In September, I'll be super-busy glueing boxes, assembling cartridges and processing/shipping orders. Throw in a new university course (which is actually a workshop-type course which will likely take up more of my time than I would like) and I won't have time for anything else in September. Since I'm not sure how long it will take me to get all those copies of the new games ready, I'd rather not set a precise release date yet. But chances are they will be ready to ship before the end of September.

October, November and December will be spent working on the manuals for the Team Pixelboy games to be released on Christmas. That's no less than 9 manuals to finish, in addition to glueing boxes, assembling carts, etc., etc... Busy as a bee I shall be, this fall.

SOME OTHER NEWS BYTES

Circus Charlie, Star Force and Ninja Princess are now permanently sold out! I will be glueing together the last few boxes I have of those games, as part of a deal with Good Deal Games. No more boxes means no more copies of those games will ever be produced.

Also, I'm looking for a new beta-tester for Knight Lore. This particular game is rather difficult to beta-test, so I need someone with lots of free time, and I mean LOTS. Send me a PM if you're interested, and I expect you to start testing the game immediately after I send you the release candidate ROM. If you're currently busy with "real life" stuff, like family/kids, vacation, your job or anything else that will impede your ability to play with Knight Lore, then please don't contact me about it. I mean it: Unlike other games that are less of a hassle to test, Knight Lore requires many hours of play time in order to pass its beta-testing phase.

Finally, just in case you're interested, I have updated the "project status" section of almost all the upcoming games on teampixelboy.com.

This concludes this news bulletin. We now return you to your regular forum activities (and/or your vacation, if applicable). ;)

• Like 14

Have you ever tried coding software when you're sleepy? That's the best way to introduce a mountain of stupid bugs into your code... :P

Yep, every day at work for the last 15 years since having kids, thankfully Visual Studio is likely more forgiving then C or Assembly in whatever compiler you're using. I haven't tried the no food thing though ;)

• Like 2

Quick but important update: After talking with Eduardo, it has been decided that Ghostbusters will be pushed back to Christmas 2015. There are a small number of bugs (one of which makes the game freeze) that need to be fixed in the software, and it's going to take a while before those bugs are fixed. So that's one less game that will be released in September.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...