IGNORED

Coco 3 prices are getting crazy

AtariLeaf

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2218222504321?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=221822250432&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

$300 for a stock 128k Coco 3 in a very beat up box is crazy to me. Yes this went for market value. I'm just surprised at how much the prices of coco items have risen in the last couple of years. So glad I got mine when I did, and from Cloud 9. I wonder if this will affect the prices of Marks remaining stock of NOS coco 3's.

I do hope whoever won this auction is happy, and as long as they are, that's the important thing. I'm a huge coco fan and I wouldn't pay that much but I've been lurking and watching coco items on ebay and everything is going up. Lots of interest plus a rapidly dwindling source for coco's is probably driving it. Makes me wonder how far up it can possibly go.

Edited by AtariLeaf

Being inspired by these prices, I actually have a spare 512K CoCo 3 that I'll be selling soon (I have one other 512K unit and one other 1MB unit). Of course, with eBay the way it is, I'm sure it won't get anywhere near $300.

How much do you want for it? I doubt it's in my budget but I gotta know. ;)

They do not come up for sale too often in Australia these days.

I have been lucky enough to get my 2 CoCo 3's for decent prices though.

Tandy CoCo 3 purchased in April 2012 for $64.89 AUD = 47.87 USD (not in box but in good condition with all manuals + 2 joysticks).
Tandy CoCo 3 purchased in November 2014 for $103.88 AUD = 76.63 USD (in box with poly inserts in as new condition with warranty label intact + all manuals).

Cheers,

Shane

• Like 1

They do not come up for sale too often in Australia these days.

I have been lucky enough to get my 2 CoCo 3's for decent prices though.

Tandy CoCo 3 purchased in April 2012 for $64.89 AUD = 47.87 USD (not in box but in good condition with all manuals + 2 joysticks).

Tandy CoCo 3 purchased in November 2014 for $103.88 AUD = 76.63 USD (in box with poly inserts in as new condition with warranty label intact + all manuals).

Cheers,

Shane

Cloud 9 was still selling the Coco 3 in the neighborhood of USD100 but as the demand went up and supply kept going down, traditional economics just came into play. I can just hope that someone finds a stash somewhere that will force prices down a bit. So right now, I'll be telling myself it's okay that I'll just be having a Coco 2 and a Dragon.

• Like 1

If this is truly the new average price for a boxed coco 3 at 128k I gotta think my 512k boxed unit is worth at least $400 US and my box is in much better shape than the one listed in my original post.

And no, I'm not saying this because it's for sale. As Charlton Heston would say about prying things from his cold dead hands. . . ;)

Edited by AtariLeaf
  • Like 2

Looks like we have another example. $344 with box, two joysticks and a couple of carts. Box is in better shape but if $300 with a beat up box is now the standard, then $344 with a better box, two joysticks and two common carts is probably about right.

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2218251186691?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=221825118669&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

EDIT - just checked and it looks like we have the same buyer as the example in the first post. Looks like we have a single individual trying to, expensively, corner the market.

As of today, he's also currently the high bidder on this one at $202 with 3 days left. Weird

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1117200161721?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=111720016172&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Edited by AtariLeaf

You know, if I were a betting man, I'd take a guess as to who this might be. Back in December I sold off some of my collection to cover some legal expenses, and someone told me to tell him what I wanted for a few items I didn't really want to sell. So I gave him some outlandish prices, and he paid it! I'll probably never get these items again, but, I just couldn't pass up the cash at the time.