IGNORED

Atari 2600 AV Mod

neotokeo2001

I should be able to loan you some systems, as I have a large number of A/V-modified 2600 consoles. I'm attending the Houston Arcade Expo the prior weekend, but I doubt I'll need to use even close to all the 2600 consoles I have, so I'd be able to send you some out before then.

..Al

I should be able to get a few systems before then, but thanks for the offer. You never know.

I was just looking to see if any were available here before going the EBAY route. Any suggestions?

There are some listed on EBAY:

http://stores.ebay.com/ataris4all/

I was just looking to see if any were available here before going the EBAY route. Any suggestions?

I have purchased several 2600 and 7800 systems pre-modified from ElectronicSentimentalities:

http://electronicsentimentalities.com/

He does good work and his service has been great anytime I've had any issues. I probably have 15 consoles from him at this point.

..Al

I have purchased several 2600 and 7800 systems pre-modified from ElectronicSentimentalities:

http://electronicsentimentalities.com/

He does good work and his service has been great anytime I've had any issues. I probably have 15 consoles from him at this point.

..Al

Thanks. I will send him a message. :thumbsup:

I have 4 vaders done with the original 8-bit domain mod boards. All are S-video capable, but I did not mount the s-video socket in all of them.

I was doing these and selling them. I had kept a few for "warranty purposes".

Edited by zylon

I have 4 vaders done with the original 8-bit domain mod boards. All are S-video capable, but I did not mount the s-video socket in all of them.

I was doing these and selling them. I had kept a few for "warranty purposes".

That's something I could do myself. I'm a big fan of s-video. :D

..Al

the sockets are all inside and wired. These boards are from the original maker and not the guys who took over later. I ended all dealings with them long ago.

I'll go up and take a few pics from the storage room for you.

Edited by zylon

the sockets are all inside and wired. These boards are from the original maker and not the guys who took over later. I ended all dealings with them long ago.

I'll go up and take a few pics from the storage room for you.

So all that needs to be done is drill a hole in the case for them?

..Al

here's two of them. One has the hole drilled and mounted and was my demo unit.

I would include the cables I furnished with them at one time for audio and video.

They use standard I-pod cables for audio and all have my standard reinforcement mod for the control ports.

post-25215-0-27560000-1437273707_thumb.jpg

post-25215-0-18372100-1437273736_thumb.jpg

Edited by zylon

I have one modded Atari shipping to my now so I need one more. But I won't need it until November. If you want these you can have them.

Not a problem. I am using a less than perfect 6er with same mod design as you bought and also have enough parts to do 2 more if I had to.

I have one with an s-video mod I did a couple years back. When funds allow, I'll ship it off to 8bitsentimentalities for a re-do (I'm not that good at soldering). Plus, if all goes well for re-employment (or depending on what my doctors say), I should easily be able to make it to the event in November.

I have one with an s-video mod I did a couple years back. When funds allow, I'll ship it off to 8bitsentimentalities for a re-do (I'm not that good at soldering). Plus, if all goes well for re-employment (or depending on what my doctors say), I should easily be able to make it to the event in November.

It will be great to finally meet someone here face to face. Hope you can make it.

Scott

I should be able to loan you some systems, as I have a large number of A/V-modified 2600 consoles. I'm attending the Houston Arcade Expo the prior weekend, but I doubt I'll need to use even close to all the 2600 consoles I have, so I'd be able to send you some out before then.

..Al

Wow, Houston Arcade Expo seems like so far away. That's cool though that you are going to be there? I went last year for the first time and I'm sure I'll go again. I forgot or didn't realize that you were in Texas..cool.

Btw, I have a light sixer with an electronicsentamentalities A/V (Svideo and Composite) and AA pause mod that I'm probably going to be selling soon. I've got a Sears Heavy on the way and I really don't need both. I was going to package them with some commons and sell it on eBay. But if one of you guys want it I'll sell it for what I'm into it for which is about $85 when I ad the cost of the unit to the cost of the mod kits.