IGNORED

Consoles: Making me mad.

Well, not so much mad as just plain annoyed.

But, annoyed to the point where I am almost

not wanting a console at all.

Online gaming, I like it and all but not to the point where

its basically just the sega channel for every game you play.

I want to OWN my games. I don't want to rent them

(same goes for paladium!)

Im tired of consoles. All the games cost too much

and the systems come with nothing. (until much later)

I don't want to go hunting for the games I want anymore

I don't want to go buying a new controller every other month

just cause the one I have has a loose knob or busted button.

I like my GBA, but I don't like the GBA SP, I want to use normal

batteries! What is so wrong about that?

Every day I see myself slowly not wanting a console.

PC gaming (with Linux not windows) is where I want to end up it seems

I yearn for the consoles of decades past. I enjoyed the SNES especially.

That system always appealed to me.

Why am I ranting? I am sleepy I am not making any sense.

maybe someone will reply to this and make more of an arguement

than I can or perhaps talk some sense into me.

Well as far as game prices go, they have dropped alot. Seen alot of games for the xbox i would like for 19.99, 29.99 and 39.99. ive seen new releases start at 39.99. of course the 49.99 prices is till around on some, but not all anymore :)

Pc gaming is great, dont ever turn your head fromthat :)

I know what you mean. Now adays all games are the same. You have your shooters, RPGs, etc. In the end there all the same. Gamecube does have some original games but still, not enough.

I think the whole modern gaming world has gone into a trend, like cloths or something. Now adays shooter and fighter games are the big thing and there are so many of em now it's not worth it anymore.

And online gaming, I don't touch the stuff. You spend more playing it then what you bought it for in the first place. It's stupid.

I like the Gameboy Advance, truely it is the best system of our time. It has classic remakes and some new enjoyable games. Not to mention that GC add on that lets you play the games on your TV. Ah... It's like the classic days with that thing.

I don't know, I guess my cup is half full. I love old school games on my 2600, 7800, Atari XE, Atari ST, Lynx, Saturn and Jaguar, but I also love the newer games on my Dreamcast and Xbox.

To me, games keep getting better, not worse. Panzer Dragoon on the Saturn was great, but man, Panzer Dragoon Orta is way better than the original. Everything has been refined in PDO, the graphics, framerate and the gameplay is deeper. Not only that, but there are tons of cool stuff to unlock, so that the player can find out more about the PD universe and the original PD is also included. You can't beat it. Tempest is great, but come on, I think we can all agree that Tempest 2000 is even better. Metal Gear and Airborne Ranger were cool stealth/action military games back in the day, but Splinter Cell is better in every aspect.

Fighting games are the same way. Yie are Kung Fu, Street Fighter II and International Karate Championship were all fun back in the day. Dead or Alive 3 and Soul Calibur though, are just so much deeper and satisfying.

Enemy AI has also improved over the year by leaps and bounds and I think that has also really improved games. Wolfenstein 3D is a perfect example. W3-D was fun and all, but the way the enemy reacts differently in almost every single encounter in games such at Return to Castle Wolfenstein and Halo, really adds to the gameplay experience and makes the game so much more interesting.

I'll play the classics every now and then, but games just keep getting better and I look forward to the future of gaming.