IGNORED

CoolCV emulator for Mac OS X, Linux, Windows and Raspberry

nanochess

On 4/15/2024 at 1:23 PM, big_guitar said:

A note on the Apr 2 build, the d-pad north-related direction actions will also fire the #1 keypad on the 2nd (opposite) controller

and south-related actions will fire #2 keypad on the 2nd controller, in addition to handling the related stick directions for the 1st controller. 

I think that's what you meant to assign to L3/R3 (#1/#2), but somehow the d-pad actions are performing double duty and hitting the 2nd controller in the process.

Using the swap function (select button) does as one might assume, north/south actions perform #1/#2 on first controller while also directions on 2nd controller.

The analog sticks don't have the issue.  No issues with d-pad east/west actions (exact right/left), only d-pad north or south related actions (6 of the 8 directions available).

Good to have the triggers though as */#, frequently used L2 to start the game over.

I've gone again over this. Remapped the right analog stick as keypad numbers. This time I think I got right L3 and R3 as 0 and 5.

coolcv_retroarch_mac_pi.zip

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, nanochess said:

I've gone again over this. Remapped the right analog stick as keypad numbers. This time I think I got right L3 and R3 as 0 and 5.

Yes, thank you sir, I've tested this one, and the shared object version is perfect!  It matches exactly the design with FreeIntv settings for RA, thank you so much!

At least for the ".so" file (as I cannot test the others in the zip with my current hardware available), this would be ideal to replace for your page 1 entry, as it should more precisely match your original intention. 

• Like 1

On 4/17/2024 at 6:39 PM, nanochess said:

I've gone again over this.

Apologies, I lied, there is actually still an problematic issue, I guess I wasn't testing quite efficiently enough *sigh*.

The left and right bumpers, instead of just bringing up the mini-keypad menu (which does still occur), are both firing "Fire1" and "Fire2" at the same time regardless of which bumper is pressed, which is a problem in the middle of a game when I want to try to change the assignment.  So close! I can avoid using them for now though.

Edited by big_guitar