IGNORED

5200 HSC Season 8 Round 12 QIX

zylon

Our game in round 12 is Qix. Play on setting "skilled". Emulation is fine as are custom controls. Do not use A8 version. Pics preferred, but not required except for HSC wins and records. Ramp up those multipliers!

Round ends Sunday, August 9th 2015 @9pm EST

Current HSC record: Bust it for a bonus point!

Qix - (Skilled)
darthkur 477,241
Final scores:
127,026 atari-dna +11
125,434 roadrunner +10
101,646 Mangia-Boy +9
93,664 sdamon +8
70,635 jblenkle +7
68,791 zylon +6

Qix.BIN

Edited by zylon

At the end of this round I will be on my way to Georgia and not have net for a little while. So this one may be extended until I am back online and next round will start one day early.

I'll start things off

@ zylon - Good luck with your move :)

It's not a permanent move, but will feel like it. My factory closed some time ago in May, but a new place is starting and wants me to set them up and train their guys from scratch. Pay is good and contract is 3 months to 2 years. I also get paid to live there and get to come home one week every 3 months. I got a laptop computer and will be doing lots of emulation. Will not be able to take a lot along and am going to keep it simple as I only have one car worth of space. I also have a nice handheld from PMP that plays roms from GB, GBC, GBA, NES, SNES, Genesis and has video output to a TV. My play here will be all A8 based then as I have an XEGS console minus keyboard and an 8MB flashcart that will hold a lot.

It may be a nice blast from the past as I last lived there in 1990

Edited by zylon

It's not a permanent move, but will feel like it. My factory closed some time ago in May, but a new place is starting and wants me to set them up and train their guys from scratch. Pay is good and contract is 3 months to 2 years. I also get paid to live there and get to come home one week every 3 months. I got a laptop computer and will be doing lots of emulation. Will not be able to take a lot along and am going to keep it simple as I only have one car worth of space. I also have a nice handheld from PMP that plays roms from GB, GBC, GBA, NES, SNES, Genesis and has video output to a TV. My play here will be all A8 based then as I have an XEGS console minus keyboard and an 8MB flashcart that will hold a lot.

I may be a nice blast from the past as I last lived there in 1990

Cool, have fun. :)

Visual boy advance is a good emulator

Try the emulator 4DO to emulate the 3DO

was not able to get 4do to run. BTW: I was an original Goldstar owner and used to love playing Wolfenstein 3D and Doom through the stereo.

I did get an XL emulator running and so could bring a 52 along, but would have to leave the parts home. Got a beat up 2-port here I could possibly use with my multicart. Got to try it on my TV and see.

Edited by zylon

Zylon, if you're anywhere near Clarke County I'll be "back home" visiting in Mid-September. Buy you a beer and discuss video games, perhaps?

Am right here near the Kennesaw Mountain battlefield. I-75 is a killer though

• Like 1

atari-dna takes this one, but you guys knew that. ;) Got my net back for today and at least for a while so on we go.

Final scores:
127,026 atari-dna +11
125,434 roadrunner +10
101,646 Mangia-Boy +9
93,664 sdamon +8
70,635 jblenkle +7
68,791 zylon +6