IGNORED

just at the end of april.....

hi,

I am searching for an atari jaguar for 35 euros. (including s&h). THe problem is that i have been searching for an atari jaguar for 1 year. once i had the money there was no jaguar. once i almost didnt had money there were jags everywhere. (like now).

I wanted to develop an grand theft auto game for the atari jaguar for around one year now. I still havent got the atari jaguar. and i have had enough for it now. just at the end of april it makes me search for an atari jaguar for 1 year.

In al the one year. i didnt want to pay internationally because it isnt really what you call save.

So if i cant get an atari jaguar at the end of the month. i will stop looking for it. and leave development for the atari jag. and probaly all of atari's consoles.

ps. to lars: you know that i wanted to create an grand theft auto like game (named yakuza) and you have to know that i aint an "internationally buyer". I DO want to develop games for the jaguar. I DO want to create 2 games for it. and probaly more. And YES you are right. i dont have the development tools. but i already told you that. i only have ALL the manuals. But then again. what's the use of the manuals if you dont have the hardware.

ps. If i cant get any atari jaguar at the end of the month. i might think of giving all the atari jaguar development manuals away. ( all printed, sorted and in an map with economy pockets. so that means 3000+ pages all in the that. i will also then consider giving the official atari lynx documents away then. but i am still not so sure about it.

35 euros seems a pretty low price including shipping. Perhaps 60 euros. but for 35 I would suggest looking around local charity and 2nd hand stores. per haps local free ads papers for people selling them in your area.

I doubt you will get one off ebay for that little. But good luck in your quest, I hope you do get one. The more devs the better.

35 euros seems a pretty low price including shipping.  Perhaps 60 euros.  but for 35 I would suggest looking around local charity and 2nd hand stores. per haps local free ads papers for people selling them in your area.

I doubt you will get one off ebay for that little.  But good luck in your quest, I hope you do get one.  The more devs the better.

The Digital Centre (www.digitalcentre.com) has them for $60 CDN. That's about 35 Euros, but you would have to pay extra for shipping.

Maybe we should get a donation scheme together...I'd donate a set of RF linkups and BJL it for free if other people want to help out.

€35 is surely not that much for simply a base unit; if other people are prepared to donate a power supply, controller and (terrible) game that's all that'd be necessary.

Or someone in Europe could sell a 2nd Jag and then get an eBay one with the proceeds (since international is no problem for most people).

I'm sure it's possible...

Stone

At paypal you can add a dutch bank acount. Thats for transfering money back. You have to send money to your paypal acount, you can transfer the money via a "overschrijvings formelier" (dutch word :D) and than the money will be on your paypal acount so you can pay :D

hi,

It has no use anymore. the auction is almost ended and to transfer money to youre paypal account it will take the following: It typically takes 3-4 business days from the time you initiate the transfer for the funds to appear in your PayPal account.

As you can see. it doesnt have use. oh well...i just have to keep searching for one.

btw. i am thinking of increasing my budget by selling an harddisk. it has the following:

4.35GB of formatted storage

Magneto-Resistive (MR) heads

High internal data transfer rate (up to 14.0 MB/s)

Fast 7,200 RPM spindle rotational speed

Rapid 10 ms seek time

Read ahead cache/write cache

512 KB adaptive cache buffer

Fast/Wide SCSI-2 interface, Differential, Fast 20/40, SCA

Audio/Video optimized and multimedia ready

1,000,000-hour MTBF

Five-year warranty

If you want to see more info. goto: http://www.telecommander.com/pics/links/st...3g/m2954qau.htm.

I dont know if the harddisk still works (it have ot tough). but there is an high chance it has windows 98 and that it works. i cant test it tough. so i dont know.

So you can name an price and i see if i can buy an atari jaguar in total (remember my budget now is 35 euros) hope that when i have enough money i can buy the atari jaguar. I will stop selling the harddisk once it is end april tough.

dragonforce, you want to develope for Jaguar. How will you test it on the Jaguar itself? BJl, Alpine, JUGS? BJL is cheap and all, but if you're going to take it seriously I think you need an Alpine, and those are expensive and hard to get.

hi,

once i have found the atari jaguar. i will try to make it bjl. and than code for it. I mean. i want to release 2 game:

bubble escape : www.taurusmedia.tk

and yakuza.

bubble escape will be free. yes FREE, no charge.

and as for yakuza. it will be too big to download. :) and i dont think 1 cd will be enough either.

If you want it to be on CD you gotta need a JagCD UNIT and alpine board.

Not true. You can do without either until the last minute (when you need to test your game), as long as the game is under 2MB. Even if you game is bigger than this (which means it needs to load data off the CD) then you only need a JagCD and BJL or JagServer, NOT an Alpine.

If anyone wants the tools/docs to make an unencrypted CD of a BJL program (which will run on any Jag using a bypass cart) then mail me: the archive is bigger than 512KB so I can't attach it to this post.

Regards,

Stone