IGNORED

So You Want To Be A Knight? Review

TPR

The Coleco has a LOT of Homebrews now, it has more complete in box homebrew releases than any other system, it might even have more homebrew releases than commercial games now, lol.

Actually, this is a confirmed fact. :)

The point I'm getting at is when a system has this many homebrew releases, people become a lot more critical of its released homebrews. You don't have as many people just buying them all (as it would be hard to afford) and you get a lot more people buying to actually play them....at $50-$70 you have to deliver a damn good game when there is a lot of competition :)

People can be more selective if they choose to be, but I think the ColecoVision homebrew community should be open to everyone, even those who label themselves as beginners and/or may put a little less effort than others into the fruits of their labors.

The point I'm getting at is when a system has this many homebrew releases, people become a lot more critical of its released homebrews. You don't have as many people just buying them all (as it would be hard to afford) and you get a lot more people buying to actually play them....at $50-$70 you have to deliver a damn good game when there is a lot of competition :)

Oh, I totally agree! And I think all I was saying is that I've been damn impressed with some of the games to come out lately. Both the choices made for the games to port from other systems like MSX and the games written from the ground up have been fantastic! And yes, I probably will excuse a few errors here or there since I know that these games don't have the backing of multi-miliion dollar companies behind them, but damn, a lot of the games coming out sure feel like they do! And that's just a testament of the quality of games being released.