IGNORED

I missed the Auction at Philly Classic. Anything good sold?

sly

I had to leave early Sunday for an emergency.  I was just wondering how the auction was.  Does anyone recall if anything good sold???

The AtariAge stuff was good, but a lot of the rest was ridiculous. One seller had three boxed Vectrex rarities, but he wasn't willing to auction any of them individually and wanted $100 as the starting bid for all three; needless to say it didn't sell. A lot of the people auctioning items seemed to have the eBay mentality, if you ask me.

Silver label Gravitar went for like $45.

Stunt Cycle number one did not sell for $80 (not bad, I did not think anyway)

I sold an arcade in it, thank goodness I did not have to take it home in the snow/sleet/generally miserable stuff that was coming down.

Too much "wierd" stuff trying to be sold. Strange

Cassidy

We sold one of the two Adventure II Demo carts we made for the show (it fetched $35) as well as a collection of carts from Brian Prescott (two Vault Assaults with different labels, an original 2001 PhillyClassic Crazy Valet, and a Kaboom! Practice Cart) that went for $50. However, many items were high-value and didn't even receive an opening bid, and there were also items that really shouldn't have been auctioned at all.

I think one of the problems with the auction was the time it was held. There weren't really a great number milling about when the auction started on Sunday. I think it would have been better to have held it sometime later Saturday.

..Al

We sold one of the two Adventure II Demo carts we made for the show (it fetched $35) as well as a collection of carts from Brian Prescott (two Vault Assaults with different labels, an original 2001 PhillyClassic Crazy Valet, and a Kaboom! Practice Cart) that went for $50.  However, many items were high-value and didn't even receive an opening bid, and there were also items that really shouldn't have been auctioned at all.  

I think one of the problems with the auction was the time it was held.  There weren't really a great number milling about when the auction started on Sunday. I think it would have been better to have held it sometime later Saturday.    

..Al

I'm surprised that they don't hold the auction mid day Saturday when I'd assume the highest concentration of people were present.

We sold one of the two Adventure II Demo carts we made for the show (it fetched $35) as well as a collection of carts from Brian Prescott (two Vault Assaults with different labels, an original 2001 PhillyClassic Crazy Valet, and a Kaboom! Practice Cart) that went for $50.  

..Al

It's worth noting that other than these, the only things I bid on were an Atari lunchbox and that silver label Gravitar. :D I guess I'm just not a big enough spender though, I lost on them all!