IGNORED

GP32 Atari 2600 Emulator

Albert

Hi all!

Just a small update to show the Menu :)

Hope you like it!

BTW the emu is now fullspeed (with a little frameskip, not very noticeable on the GP32's screen) and I hope to release soon..

No sound yet!

Rasty.-

post-481-1050157978_thumb.png

Not to throw a spanner in the works, but my atari2600 emulator for gp32 is pretty much complete.

Full speed (with fskip)

Full sound (near as damn perfect)

handful of games fully playable - not tested lots.

- pitfall, river raid, combat, pacman, air sea battle, etc

full file browser

load any bin a26 z26 file

I'm working on adding further compatibility - my beta testers have requested pole position be playable - along with ms pacman and maybe even pitfall II

those in doubt, see gp32emu.com news

Before I started on this emu, I had tried to contact rasty but with no joy. If he wants to join forces to make a really great emu, then I'm willing and able :)

Hi "gp32emu",

Not to throw a spanner in the works, but my atari2600 emulator for gp32 is pretty much complete.

I've heard about another a2600 emu in the works... nice to know it's going fine!

Before I started on this emu, I had tried to contact rasty but with no joy.

Where and how!?!?!?!?

I've never received any message from you...

If your message got accidentally deleted, then I apologize..

My email is rasty@rasty.com or you can private message me here on the boards!

If he wants to join forces to make a really great emu, then I'm willing and able :)

Why not? :)

Greets,

Rasty-.

Full speed (with fskip)

That's like being slightly pregnant. Either it's full speed, or it's not.

What was the base emulator you used for this project? Stella would pretty much run full-speed on GP32 with only minor optimisations, and would seem by far the best choice.

Cheers

A

I can't wait until this emulator is released! Thanks for all the hard work guys! If someone told me 20 years ago that I'd be playing my atari games on a handheld system I would have never believed them.  :)

If you told someone 20 years ago that computers needed more than 512K at the max, they never would have believed you either. ;)

That's like being slightly pregnant.  Either it's full speed, or it's not.

This is 100% correct Andrew, thanks for pointing that out...!

If it's frameskip, it's not 100% speed. No questioning. I've messed that up too :roll:

What was the base emulator you used for this project?  Stella would pretty much run full-speed on GP32 with only minor optimisations, and would seem by far the best choice.

Since there's still no reply, I'll answer that: yes that emulator is based on the same Virtual VCS sources as I did.

Personally, I've considered Stella but since it's compiled with DJGPP and the GP32's common SDK is different, I've opted for the more friendly Virtual VCS (maybe somehow faster also?).

Of course I may consider switching to stella if I ever get the time to work on it!

Greets,

Rasty.-