IGNORED

Finds drying up?

Atari-Jess

I cant say I have found any atari ANYTHINGS in the past few months.

Its very discouraging. I still look, just in case that one day Ill find

something good.

Anyone else have this happening to them?

I mean I used to find stuff ALL the time!

but now... geez...

At least I have a fairly nice 2600 collection

which keeps me busy.

Oh Atari, where are ye?! Im lookin for ya!

BTW: Liquid Sky likes my new dance school, ask him about it.

On the other hand things have been good for me here in NC finding 2600 and 7800 games as of late! I think we all go through dry spells and hot streaks. I'm sure in a few week's i'll hit a dry spell and you will get on a hot streak. I hope not though! :D

It goes hot and cold. When I first started collecting I found something new almost every time I went out, but when you've been at it for a couple of years you start to love eBay and conventions just to get more new stuff. Still, every once in a while I'll find 2-3 carts I need at random, which is why I keep going out looking (can't find what you don't look for) and I fill in the "downtime" by picking up Coleco, INTV and NES games.

Out of curiosity... do most of you hit flea markets, thrift stores (like Goodwill), or garage sales the most?

I live in Florida and one of the blessings down here is the vast amount of HUGE flea markets within 15miles of my house. I try to hit a few every month but haven't had much like finding anything lately, except for those RARE $10 ET carts...sigh....

Just curious as to how others look for games.

Thanks in advance for any responses.

Mendon

I don't think things are dried up any worse than they normally are. I usually have a couple of months where I don't find anything and then I get a pretty good find. Sorta like last month -- I hadn't found anything worthwhile for a long time, then out of the blue I find 20 atari carts that I didn't have and for a decent price. For me, anyway, finds just come in waves.

Ironically, I had a curb side discovery today. I found a box of assorted carts for several systems. Unfortunately, it's been reaining heavily today, so I don't know how well any of them will work. Haven't had a chance to test any yet.

Nothing major, a bunch of 2600 commons and some NES carts. I just thought it was the greatest kind of find: free :D

It's been very dry around here for Atari stuff, but there have been a lot of NES carts popping up all over the place lately. Once garage sale season starts up again, I'll probably have a lot more luck.

I have several thrifts I try to visit every other week. Mostly NES and Genesis , hardly ever Atari. Except for Atari paddles. I find a set of those every time out, almost always for 50 cents. However, last week at a thrift, they had a pair of paddles missing the top nozzles for $3.50! Seeing just the paddles there makes me wonder what Atari stuff WAS there.

Very dry overall. My last find was a Sky Diver for $2, two weeks ago.

:(