IGNORED

What does a...

Keith99er

There are two versions from Triton--the Gold Foil label with Black lettering were the initial release of the cartridge and continued to be delivered for the first year or two. The paper label stuck onto the top of the cartridge was what was delivered after that, all the way to the end of the TM-Direct Marketing days. There were a couple of minor variants to the paper labels (some with lots of details and others with almost no text at all other than the name of the cartridge). About the only way to see if the cartridge is a later repro is to look at the bottom of the case. If it has a TI date stamp in the plastic, it is from a donor cartridge case and probably a repro. If it has the big square block with no text, it is definitely a Triton product--and if it is a square block with all of the standard generic TI data--but no date stamp or serial number present, then it is most likely a Triton/TM-Direct release as well. Most of them are in Beige cases, but I have seen a few Black ones too, BITD.

• Like 1

• 4 years later...

Awesome; thanks! Just purchased that what in the pic above online that I came across. Seems like a fun game and I'm a baseball nut. Seems appropriate to purchase during a World Series game. Cheers. 

P.S. What is the history of this game? I see that it came out in 1988, long after TI canceled the system. Looks like it's by a programmer who had written other games for the system during its heyday. Just curious as to how it came to be, etc.

Triton Products released several cartridges between 1984 and 1988. Strike Three! was the last one. The others are: The Great Word Race, 4A Flyer, Munchman II, and Super Extended BASIC. The hardest one of the set to find is The Great Word Race, but even finding that one is not especially difficult.

In addition, Navarone, ROMOX, Funware, Exceltec, MicroPAL, DataBioTics, Parker Brothers, Atarisoft, and Asgard all released cartridges after TI pulled out of the market.