IGNORED

High Score Competition (Sep: Osotos)

arcadeshopper

I actually did not remember the chalice that is hopping down in level 3. It is somewhat a helper (catch it, you'll see), but it also has an effect on the tiles, which is bad in level 3 just when you think you'd finally got all those tiles in the correct color.

• Like 1

Tried many times till level 3 screen 2, even with 6 cubits. Do not come near my other score before more around 23,350. Not sure why as the score seems to be kind of the same per level. Except the teleport and the enemy jumping on it.

HAHAHA I have been behind all month, I don't think I ever got any extra points for a 'transported spider' either. 🙃 If I did I didn't notice .

14225 Level 2 Screen 4

Real Iron using joystick

Cubit 14225 screem 2 level 4.jpg

• Like 2

Cubit is a surprisingly difficult game. That was a good choice for the month. . .I watched your scores inch higher all month with a bit of awe, as I could never do that, even when my reflexes were at their best.

• Like 1

Me, I suppose. I'll pick a new game shortly. It's getting more difficult as we played almost everything by now that I know of.

BTW, it's really fascinating to see that if you gained some practice in a game more than 30 years ago, you can still get it back in a few tries after such a long time. I remember that we made it into level 5 regularly back in those days.

18 minutes ago, mizapf said:

Me, I suppose. I'll pick a new game shortly. It's getting more difficult as we played almost everything by now that I know of.

Nothing wrong with playing games, again.  Gives people a chance to get even better and play games they enjoy competitively.

7 hours ago, mizapf said:

BTW, it's really fascinating to see that if you gained some practice in a game more than 30 years ago, you can still get it back in a few tries after such a long time. I remember that we made it into level 5 regularly back in those days.

We are almost at 1/3rd of the games list:

> (My Retrobat has 339 listed), I exported the gamelist.xml, 

the .xls shows somehow 324 RPK games (including multi games modules) as I removed the blanks from the filter. 

TIgamesRPK.xlsx

>  Word docx. is the complete list of Hi-Score competition

> We played 102 games   (3x a game for the 2nd time and 1 month we cancelled)

TI99ATARIAGECOM-HIGHSCORECOMPETITION-FINALGROM.docx

• Like 5

Well, if that's OK for you, I'd like to suggest another round of the TI Invaders - but this time they are downright nasty!

By the way, last time I proposed it in 2016, it was the easy level, and I did not reach the highest score.

• Like 5

19 hours ago, mizapf said:

Here a modest score for the start.

By the way, emulator users choose 60 Hz (NTSC) please. (Real iron owners of course take what they have.)

0054_2x.png

modest score? 😮

that's almost unbeatable at this level.

In 2016 I was able to (barely) surpass you, but time has come for your revenge! 😞