IGNORED

High Score Competition (April: Starfort)

arcadeshopper

Never-Lander (Beige TI-99/4A no-QI, FPGA, nano-PEB, 2048 Games 1 Module, Suzo The Arcade Joystick

Score: 242240

Recording of the last minute:

http://www.globeron.com/freedownload/services/TI99/NeverLander.mp4

(I recorded the whole session, but it is 600 Mb+ in size)

Some hints:

* There is actually a max. score per level, just let the shuttle keep falling down

and try to get the Fuel so that the Fuel is always full at the end of the Zone

* The most difficult ones are the Zone 4 and 5, but once through at least you

get 3 easier levels again.

* Most of the time stay in the middle of the screen.

I'm not sure that Marc ever directly sold Neverlander, but I can fabricate cartridges with it on them if he gives the OK. I even have labels that I had made to use with the copy I burned for my own use. Pitfall! could be done as well, with Retrocloud's permission, although I don't have that beautiful label he made for the initial run (and I don't have any labels done up for it at the moment either). Was Mad Marvin ever done as a cartridge image? I thought that one was disk only. . .

Edited by Ksarul
  • Like 2

i think that if you can contact Marc by his website and ask for them at the link of his website.

i also think that Mad Marvin never released on Cartridges but only Floppy Version.. i purchased it at the time. here my Review, great game.

about Pitfall i remember it was sold by the store OneHackCreate, the same used for the F18A but at the moment i can't found it on that store.

about NeverLander i remember it was for a free distribution.

• Like 1

I have a Never Lander cart. One of my favorite games. :)

Mad Marvin was diskette only IIRC. I have one of the original Pitfall carts from the 2011(?) run with a 2010 copyright date on it.

Mad Marvin's Great Escape is a masterful game... If you havent played it, order it from Marc's website. It is visually excellent with great sound and proper difficulty ramping.

If it ever came out on cart, I would buy 2 copies at least. ;)

• Like 1

neverlander is on cart. Bob, John and I think Jim can supply it.

MM hasn't been carted but could be easily.

I have a Dr. Mario clone ready to go but want to do it on cart and havn't got the PCB done yet. Eagle has kicked my ass hard and I am in a holding pattern trying to get my gut up to try again.

Thanks for playing NL guys.

Don't suppose there is any chance of a fresh batch of some of the older titles appearing on that great old Arcade Shopper site any time soon, I unfortunately missed the initial runs of stuff like Pitfall, Never-Lander and Mad Marvin, playing under emulation is just not the same :(

I am running it on the 2048K module (which requires 32K Memory expansion - I am using nanoPEB), but today I just got the last missing IC-chip to

see if I can built-in 32K into a console... cross fingers.

But if you have a normal PEB or if you have a Nano-PEB you can use the .dsk file from the TIGAMESshelf (or the .dsk here in the forum)

and play on the real console. It is even possible to have these games run from a cassette (assemble games!), but it requires 32K in the console

(and someone with another system to help to load it cassette. In 1982? that was my only system to run assembly games with the utility of Tonny Brouwer)

• Like 1