IGNORED

High Score Competition (April: Starfort)

arcadeshopper

Someone who has done it will probably have a better answer, but to get you rolling...

Those files all have 6 byte headers that need to be removed to load to the UberGROM. That's all you should need to do. Using GROMCFG, map two GROM banks, one to >6000 and one to >8000. Load "GRM 3" to the one at >6000 and "GRM 4" to the one at >8000. To avoid "review module library", change the GROM base to >9804 (it starts at >9800, so that's one click) and make a copy of the GROM at >6000.

That's all the GROM side needs. The "ROM0" is a standard 8k ROM. To use it on a 512k UberGROM cart the easiest thing to do it just duplicate it up to 512k so it shows up in every bank. Wasteful but always works. ;)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

30116dc29ec312a8595d5cf87eaf82e2.jpg

Real TI-99/4A

F18A

FinalGROM 99

Slik Stik

The year is 1987. NASA launches the last of America's deep space probes. In a freak mishap, Ranger 3 and its pilot, Captain William Buck Rogers, are blown out of their trajectory into an orbit which freezes his life support systems, and returns Buck Rogers to Earth... 500 years later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1. jwild 112765

2. Mizapf 50Hz 106213

3. Mizapf 60Hz 85644

4. Globeron 80212

5. Digdugnate 59674

6. Millipedeman 42427

7. Sometimes99er 50705

Good luck everyone.

Twiki says, "Buck, you're my kinda guy"

PC99W of CADD plays better somehow. Now reached Level 5 and got 117004

(PS. Still did not had time to burn an ubergrom with Buck Rogers on it to try out the TI itself).7038ba64e9f50b828fae8fb8242f88ff.jpg

Sent from my VIE-L29 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Wow! Great score. I have yet to find an emulator, at least on my computers, that is close to as good as the real thing. I will try out PC99.

After many more attempts, I got this score:

c142adc310e48805c3af15f82c2f8552.jpg

Real TI

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

*********************************************************************************

*********************************************************************************

TI-99/4A High Score Challenge

Month: September 2017

Game: Star Trek

StarTrekManual.jpg
I have fond memories of this as a kid, but haven't played it since then. With a new Star Trek TV series coming out soon, I figured this would be a good one to play.

Good Luck everyone!!

StarTrekCartridge.jpg

StarTrek3.png

******************************************************************************************************
******************************************************************************************************

• Like 2

Now you can command the fate of the U.S.S. Enterprise in this home version of the hit arcade game. You're training to become a Federation Starship Captain. Fight off deadly Klingon Battle Cruisers that threaten the existence of your Starbases. Skillfully navigate through perilous asteroid fields and comet storms. Prepare to encounter the most powerful enemy of them all: Nomad! Hours of challenge await you, if you dare to venture where no home video game has ever dared to go...