IGNORED

High Score Competition (May: Cubit)

arcadeshopper

I run mame32. It was easy, all my roms work for it. I used to run M.E.S.S. When it was separate. Had the ti emulation working on it a few years back.

Since my return to ti, I went to setup mess again only to find it's been merged with mame.

Scared me off.

Hence c99 & sometimes win99.

Edited by Sinphaltimus

I run mame32. It was easy, all my roms work for it. I used to run M.E.S.S. When it was separate. Had the ti emulation working on it a few years back.

Since my return to ti, I went to setup mess again only to find it's been merged with mame.

Scared me off.

Does not have to, it works the same as before. Maybe just better. What is a "few years back"?

For any trouble that you could run into with MAME, there is a good chance that I have a helpful answer. :)

BTW, where do I have to take the survivors in Protector II?

Does not have to, it works the same as before. Maybe just better. What is a "few years back"?

The version of mame32 I'm running is probably about 8 years old. I was running ti in mess 4-5 years ago. I discovered the merge about 3-4 months ago.

For any trouble that you could run into with MAME, there is a good chance that I have a helpful answer. :)

Great to know.

I dunno, but there is a manual available.

http://www.99er.net/download2/index.php?act=view&id=214

Edited by Sinphaltimus

The version of mame32 I'm running is probably about 8 years old. I was running ti in mess 4-5 years ago. I discovered the merge about 3-4 months ago.

8 years ago feels like some era where the continents have not yet split. At least with MESS from 4-5 years ago you already got in contact with my work.

In case you're interested what has changed, have a quick look at http://www.ninerpedia.org/index.php?title=MESS_version_history

(whatever quick means ;) )

• Like 2

You are the last hope! The alien slimehordes of Fraxullus are attacking your cities. One by one, the inhabitants are being exterminated by the invincible Fraxullan mother ship, that is shielded in Baltheric antimatter, making it impossible to destroy. It can however, be paralyzed briefly by laser attacks, but then is able to move more quickly. Be wary of the transporter beam since it spells instant death for your Needlefighter. The Fraxullan mother ship moves relentlessly, drawing up the helpless natives and fiendishly carrying them to Dragonmaw, the sulferous volcano of death.

OMG. Doesn't this sound like the typical script for a 60ies B-movie? Or, let's be fair, C-movie?

You first take them to the city to the right of the volcano ... After that ... There's a fortress that opens up to the right of that ... It's left of the starting point.

Weird game ... First game I ever "finished" at age 5

I think it was mostly an available time thing--this past month has been a killer for several of us. My family didn't see all that much of me for the past two weeks--and most of that time was while I was in deep sleep. . .

I'd continue this one for October--and I really like the prize! That MBX flyer is wonderful. :)

• Like 1

tips would be great!

TIP #1

Go as fast as you can at the very beginning and stun the mothership... or else you will lose the first survivor... if you can't get there in time.. you can try and risk saving them from the volcano... not fun.

TIP #2

Any time there is an orange enemy... kill it! It will not respawn again.

TIP #3

Take risks.. there is no bonus for extra lives remaining.. as far as I know!

Edited by djugel