IGNORED

The Exclusive Intellivision I STILL don't have a F*cking Spiker Club

stupus

Yes, Yes. I don`t own Intellivision Lives! I don`t even have a ROM of F?&%"/?% Spiker because I don`t have F*"*/"?(* Cuttle Cart.

I supposed that counts too!

Now, that's the spirit! But, hey! you should really get Intellivision Lives! All the cool stuff is there including Spik-- er... never mind! :o

• Like 1

As Vice President of the Exclusive Intellivision I STILL don't have a F*cking Spiker Club, I'm here to assure all members that technicalities such as "Intellivision Lives" and "The Flashback" do not affect your membership in the club.

Then again, you would have already know this if you would have reviewed the second paragraph of Section 8, Article 3 of Appendix B of your membership agreement.

• Like 2

As Vice President of the Exclusive Intellivision I STILL don't have a F*cking Spiker Club, I'm here to assure all members that technicalities such as "Intellivision Lives" and "The Flashback" do not affect your membership in the club.

Then again, you would have already know this if you would have reviewed the second paragraph of Section 8, Article 3 of Appendix B of your membership agreement.

I tried reading it, but my copy was in Chinese.

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

Worried... No one is submitting pictures of their lack of spikers. Will they be put on probation? Suspended?

Lack of pictures likely isn't a problem for normal membership (we believe most people wouldn't lie about NOT having a Spiker). There are still leadership positions available (treasurer, secretary, etc) for those submitting pics.

• Like 2

Oh noes! Beamrider is a great game. Next you will be saying you don't own Worm Whomper :-o

Um... I don't. Well I have a set of original overlays for it though, but yeah... no :(

My collection works like this, think of each series of original 125 games (Mattel, INTV, Imagic, Atari, and so on). Now think of the rarest game or two of each run (Fathom, Worm Whomper, Spiker, and such). Those are the 17 games I'm missing. Even some of my 108 don't really count since they are just carts I lucked into on the cheap and had to make my own boxes/manuals/overlays for, like Commando, Thunder Castle, Turbo, and Melody Blaster. The rarest game I own would be Piggy Bank, lol.

Um... I don't. Well I have a set of original overlays for it though, but yeah... no :(

My collection works like this, think of each series of original 125 games (Mattel, INTV, Imagic, Atari, and so on). Now think of the rarest game or two of each run (Fathom, Worm Whomper, Spiker, and such). Those are the 17 games I'm missing. Even some of my 108 don't really count since they are just carts I lucked into on the cheap and had to make my own boxes/manuals/overlays for, like Commando, Thunder Castle, Turbo, and Melody Blaster. The rarest game I own would be Piggy Bank, lol.

Nothing wrong with gaming on a budget. Fathom is so overrated anyway :) Played it once...didn't care for it. Worm Whomper, however, is quite good.

• Like 1

Yeah I have done very well staying in budget. Most people don't hit the 100+ game range spending as little as I have. It takes a lot of luck though. Finding stuff like Hover Force or Pole Position, stuffed in a lot with a system and 20 other games I can sell back, for a cheap Buy It Now. You wind up getting back as much as you spend but you have to check everyday and be lucky enough to be the first one to see lots like that. That and being broke enough to not have the option to splurge on even decent deals. Some would call that patience but really I just don't have an option, lol

I was saving up for weeks just to buy a Jetsons cart for a repro box I had made when Piggy Bank came up. Was happy to nab my first homebrew and wait on George and the gang though. Those will always be out there :-)

Yeah I have done very well staying in budget. Most people don't hit the 100+ game range spending as little as I have. It takes a lot of luck though. Finding stuff like Hover Force or Pole Position, stuffed in a lot with a system and 20 other games I can sell back, for a cheap Buy It Now. You wind up getting back as much as you spend but you have to check everyday and be lucky enough to be the first one to see lots like that. That and being broke enough to not have the option to splurge on even decent deals. Some would call that patience but really I just don't have an option, lol

I was saving up for weeks just to buy a Jetsons cart for a repro box I had made when Piggy Bank came up. Was happy to nab my first homebrew and wait on George and the gang though. Those will always be out there :-)

I'm a bit warped, perhaps. I find the searching and "getting a bargain" to be a fun and rewarding part of the experience for me. I love nothing more than finding items in the wild at the flea markets or garage sales. But that takes SO MUCH time. And I even try to get as much of a bargain as possible on Internet auctions, etc. I've actually allowed it to cost me a game or two by getting caught up in the "getting a bargain" aspect of my vintage game hunting process. From that experience I've adjusted my methods a bit and I'm less willing to get my pleasure from the "bargain" or "getting a deal" aspects over the actually "getting the item" aspect. But, I won't just throw all of my money at something. I'll let things go to the next person when the money gets crazy. Of course, "crazy" is subjective. Maybe these attitudes are more common than I know.

• Like 1

Wow... See what that last CIB Spiker went for on Ebay? I was bidding for a while but, to me, that was crazy.

I had never even heard about Spiker when I first got back into Intellivision in 2006. I was stunned there were even 125 games out for it. So when I first started seeing that game break the $800-$1000 mark on eBay I actually became a little depressed to think that the hobby I had just begun would actually be out of my reach. But finding gems like Pole Position and World Series MLB mixed in with game and system lots for cheap gave me some hope that one day it might happen with Spiker or Stadium Mug Buggies. Dream on I guess :)

Edited by the1hatman
  • Like 1

I suppose, but I'm watching you...(he might be a spy collecting intelligence for the other side).

I completely agree!!

This is EXACTLY what I was afraid of! The DUDE might have a Spiker stashed somewhere and without visual proof of his lack of Spiker we'll never know!!! Isn't it time that we REQUIRE visual PROOF that people have no Spiker to protect our club membership from infiltrators?!?!?!? I demand that we see that empty space!!! Or do you REALLY have a SPIKER?!?! Hmmmmm?!?!?!?

Maybe new potential members should have to pay for a flight, hotel and accommodations for a member in good standing to visit and perform an inspection. If someone in France or Japan wants to join my daughter is volunteering to perform the inspection.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...