IGNORED

Well, i feel stupid now... [TI cartridge opening related]

ramidavis

I decided i should open up all my carts and give them a good cleaning.
So, i started opening them up, one at a time, and cleaning the inside of the cases.
When i was done with one, i put it back together and moved on to the next one.
Finishing up the job, i figured it was time to go improve my score in Munchman some more. :)
...Stick the cart in, power on, normal main TI screen, blindly hit "2" twice, expecting the game...
All i get is error beep, like no cart is in... I glance up at the screen: "1 for TI basic" ... :?
There is no 2. Great, i think, now my console is going to start acting up me.

Turn it off, wait a few minutes. Removed the cart, plug it back in, do the whole thing over again.
Not there. :(

Then it hit me: the reason it was not booting was because i had got the board inverted in the case...
But not just Munchman, it turns out i had flipped all the little buggers upside down... :mad:

And had to undo them all again a second time and flip them all around...

Lesson learned: be really, really observant of how these things are in the case.
Hopefully, i wont have to take them apart for cleaning anytime soon again.

Lesson learned: be really, really observant of how these things are in the case.

Hopefully, i wont have to take them apart for cleaning anytime soon again.

When reassembling standard TI cartridges, the component side is always down (toward the bulge in the case). Of course, this will be up when the cartridge is inserted. I don't know if there are any cartridges with components on both sides. Most I have opened are on one side.

...lee

:) That's something I learned as a kid - it's always easier to take something apart than it is to put it all back together!(and some things never made it back together! lol) :P So I always watch real close now and take mental notes or if its complicated write it down and tag stuff with tape. :)

Edited by ovalbugmann