IGNORED

Video game "comfort food"

mbd30

My comfort food is any Mega Man game on NES, except perhaps Mega Man 4 because I find it less fun than the others (but still fun in its own right).

I thought I was the only one that thought of this. Totally agree with you on that. I decided to play all 6 original Mega Man games the other day. My top 3 is 2, 3, and 5. I am not a fan at all of the 4th one. I find it to be much harder than the first in my honest opinion and the hardest of the six. Most of the robot masters are brutal and Bright Man is the biggest dick and cheap shot. The level design is pretty tricky. And It brings no replay value to me. I do enjoy the first a lot and I thought the sixth was too easy.

When we were kids, my buddies and I were huge fans of Mega Man 3. It came out right when we were really old enough to be able to play and do well at it. MM4 was a pretty big deal for us and we played it a lot when it first hit. Skull Man was the only stage I could beat easily but I had a lot of trouble taking on Skull Man himself. I remember stubbornly going at him again and again. The guides all said start with Dust Man but for the life of me, I couldn't clear his stage.

Good times.

When I think of "comfort food" (as far as video games go), it's like an old t-shirt that may be a little worn out and not look so good but, it still feels right. These are games that I go to when everything else just doesn't feel right.

Attack of the Timelord! (OD2)

Ghost Houes (SMS)

Ghouls & Ghosts (Genesis)

If we are naming arcades:

Galaga

Tempest

Gyruss

3 is worth a play sometime. It's very atmospheric and ~long~ maybe the longest Mega Man game. Not the hardest though. I'd expect a guy who plays Batman NES to "relax" would have no trouble with this game LOL

I love the basic premise of Mega Man but with 10 entries in the main series alone, it definitely starts to feel like a rehash at some point. I only ever bought Mega Man 3 because I didn't see the point in owning all of them. I do own the entire X Series but I only really care for the SNES games. That RPG wasn't to bad though.