IGNORED

RF channels 2-3 vs 3-4

Andromeda Stardust

:idea: Wikipedia helps

Funny that 3 and 4 where used as it was uncommon to use both in one NTSC market but in my neck of the woods in the early 80's til the mid 90's channel 3 was Global and 4 was CBC. Those where 2 out of the whole 6 stations that reception was actually good from as I lived way out in the boonies. That entry said channel 3 was not widely used at all. Guess it's just dumb luck I had it as one of the best received channels I could watch.

Funny that 3 and 4 where used as it was uncommon to use both in one NTSC market but in my neck of the woods in the early 80's til the mid 90's channel 3 was Global and 4 was CBC. Those where 2 out of the whole 6 stations that reception was actually good from as I lived way out in the boonies. That entry said channel 3 was not widely used at all. Guess it's just dumb luck I had it as one of the best received channels I could watch.

Did your channels 3 and 4 come from different locations?

I also noticed on the wiki artidles discussing analog NTSC, that VHF cable were identical to air, except channels 5 & 6 were shifted by 2Mhz. They did this to create even spacing of 6Mhz across the entire spectrum from VHF to UHF. This would reduce harmonic distortion somehow since nearly every channel allotment was allocated.

Anyway I've got everything but 2, 3, & 4 blocked on my CRT because that's all I use. Maybe I could add CATV 95 & 96 if I owned an original Famicom. Mine's the AV model so no real reason to tune those.

Edited by stardust4ever