IGNORED

"Final Fantasy 7" is 18 years old

mbd30

Finished this game on a PC with an AMD K6-2 and Nvidia Riva 128. Loved it and am happy to have experienced it in its era. I recently installed it on a retro build from my original retail copy. Looks even better with a Voodoo 3 and sounds great with AWE32 wavetable synth.

Fifteen years later, I fired it up on a PS1 for the first time. So much easier, but the PC version offers a superior experience.

I also played it through on the PC first. I played the PS version years after. PC version was way better.

I remember going over a friend's house around 1998 just to watch the ending of FF7. Throwing a party on a Saturday night just to watch the ending. Felt like a huge event at the time. Honestly I felt kinda bored by it tbh. It's a great game without a doubt with great detail,but it's just not as fun as say Gauntlet 2 imho. And not as great as the Ys series.

Also remember alot of people rocking the soundtrack back then.

Funny what the caption says in that video.

"it has music so it won't be so dull"

Funny because I did fall asleep while watching the ending the first time around.

Edited by lushgirl_80
  • Like 1

FF7 was the reason I stopped liking FF games after being such a fanboy for years :lol:

I did not like the polygon graphics (I thought everything looked so distant, and non-detailed etc). I also found the loading times annoying. I was looking forward to the game for SO LONG and when I played it I couldn't even make it to the 2nd disk and I haven't played a new FF ever since.

It's been so long now that the reasons seem silly I guess... I should really make an attempt to give it a 2nd chance sometime. Maybe the remake..

• Like 1