IGNORED

TMS-9900 CP/M?

OLD CS1

2 hours ago, Vorticon said:

Not really. In the hay days of CP/M, each machine had it's own terminal settings which is why one needs to install most CP/M applications to match the machine running them. 

WordStar runs fine under VT100, but there are issues when editing text with things like the first line disappearing or scrolling problems, which I am assuming are related to an incomplete emulation by TIPI.

An yes, that is the emulator I am using.

A specific 4A client would be totally awesome!

I wonder if anyone has tried using MyTerm for the TIPI for the Geneve.  It has ANSI emulation which I think is "as good as", though do not know if it is better than, the TIPI telnet client with the F18A.

Does Wordstar use more than 80 columns?  Maybe I am thinking of another editor.,

5 hours ago, 9640News said:

I wonder if anyone has tried using MyTerm for the TIPI for the Geneve.  It has ANSI emulation which I think is "as good as", though do not know if it is better than, the TIPI telnet client with the F18A.

Does Wordstar use more than 80 columns?  Maybe I am thinking of another editor.,

No Wordstar is strictly 80 columns. 

4 hours ago, gferluga said:

I did indeed try this emulation and it works great. The advantage of RunCPM over this one though is that the former allows you to just drop CP/M executables and files into a drive folder directly without the need of special tools and it will run them just fine.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, jedimatt42 said:

Yep, vt100 compatibility with differentiating features must have be all the rage for a period in the terminal market.

It seems more like the Linux community started using "vt100" to mean "terminal emulator" and forgot it referred to a specific piece of hardware at some point. So the DEC VT220 color codes are now part of the Linux vt100 software platform.

On 5/17/2021 at 3:30 AM, Tursi said:

Hmm. DOSBox should run on it, but it'll use the video display. So we just need to add some code to copy the DOS window over to the TI - custom terminal! Probably want F18A so you can have 80 column text.

("just", I say... ;) )

just port vnc to the 4a w f18a :)

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

I see that in the beginning of this thread, just before I joined Atariage in 2015, that was stated that the foundation z80 card used a RP/M instead of CP/M. The only time I can find a reference to RP/M being used is here in this manual: https://glasstty.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/RPM-Manual.pdf

Does anyone have any additional information on RP/M? Google gleanings are slim at best and this may not be the same RP/M.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RickyDean said:

I see that in the beginning of this thread, just before I joined Atariage in 2015, that was stated that the foundation z80 card used a RP/M instead of CP/M. The only time I can find a reference to RP/M being used is here in this manual: https://glasstty.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/RPM-Manual.pdf

Does anyone have any additional information on RP/M? Google gleanings are slim at best and this may not be the same RP/M.

I actually had an email conversation with one of the two guys (brothers) who wrote RP/M BITD. He used to have a website up with plenty of data on RP/M, but that one seems to be lost in the mists of time. At one point, he sent me a couple of standard RP/M disks (he was unsure if they were still readable, as they hadn't been stored well). I suspect I should dig them out again and try to make a set of images (I know they had issues back when I tried to read them when I got them, so there isn't a lot of hope that a flux copy will make it past the problems).

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Ksarul said:

I actually had an email conversation with one of the two guys (brothers) who wrote RP/M BITD. He used to have a website up with plenty of data on RP/M, but that one seems to be lost in the mists of time. At one point, he sent me a couple of standard RP/M disks (he was unsure if they were still readable, as they hadn't been stored well). I suspect I should dig them out again and try to make a set of images (I know they had issues back when I tried to read them when I got them, so there isn't a lot of hope that a flux copy will make it past the problems).

Could that website have been archived on the Wayback?