IGNORED

L@@king for Adam Memory

Tkat5200

What would actually make use of a 256K memory expander? There isn't even a lot of 64K software.

On the EOS side the main program that can use the full capabilities of the 256K ME is PowerPaint. With a 64K ME, PowerPaint has a workspace of 4 cells (half a page), but with a 256K ME, there are 8 cells available (a full page). Most other EOS software that can access a 256K ME uses it as a RAMdisk and the majority of these programs were developed by Walters Software Co. Having this large RAMdisk was a godsend when using Walters' SpellingAID spell checker program as you could store a huge dictionary on it and have ligtning quick access. During my SmartBASIC programming days, it was also beneficial to have this large RAMdisk in order to copy all my frequently used programs to and then have access to them instantaneously. Oh yeah, Temple of the Snow Dragon allows you to copy all the graphics files for the game to a 256K ME to speed up loads time tremendously.

On the CP/M or T-DOS side, the ME is configured as an additional drive for storage.