1. 1. I would pay....

2. 2. I Would Like Support for...

3. 3. Games Should Run From...

• SD Card / USB Memory Sticks
    • Original Cartridges
    • Hopes and Dreams
  4. 4. The Video Inteface Should be...

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

Hi guys! What do you think is the best gamepad for the Analogue NT / mini?
Corded and cordless (bluetooth)!
Corded:
- NES (Original)
- Famicom (Original)
- Dogbone (Original)
- NES Advantage - arcade (Original)
- NES MAX (Original)
- Famicom Hori with autofire (third)
- NES Competition Pro (third)
Cordless (Bluetooth):
- NES N30 (8bitdo)
- Famicom F30 (8bitdo)
- SNES SN30 (8bitdo)
- SNES SN30Pro - analogue sticks (8bitdo)
- PlayStation Dualshock PS4
- PlayStation Dualshock PS3
- Wii Wiimote / Remote
- WiiU Nintendo Pro Controller
- Switch Pro Controller
My thoughts:
Corded: NES Competition Pro (third)
nes_comp_pro_turbo_ctl_p_qv7pp0.jpg

Corded:

- NES (Original)

- Famicom (Original)

- Dogbone (Original)

- NES MAX (Original)

Cordless (Bluetooth):

- NES N30 (8bitdo)

- Famicom F30 (8bitdo)

- SNES SN30 (8bitdo)

- SNES SN30Pro - analogue sticks (8bitdo)

- PlayStation Dualshock PS4

- PlayStation Dualshock PS3

- Wii Wiimote / Remote

- WiiU Nintendo Pro Controller

- Switch Pro Controller

My thoughts:

Corded: NES Competition Pro (third)

nes_comp_pro_turbo_ctl_p_qv7pp0.jpg

https://www.lukiegames.com/assets/images/nes_comp_pro_turbo_ctl_p_qv7pp0.jpg

For Wireless the best is hands down:

ngtRP6CPBi8N-kONLryo2L1z_p34Pqp4yYWuJP1O

RetroUsb lagless rf nes controller - looks like ass, makes me want to throw this boomerang looking mofo out a window to see if it comes back to me but it is the fastest wireless controller period so I have to recommend it as it simply has no equal in performance. https://www.retrousb.com/product_info.php?cPath=36&products_id=154

If you don't mind using bluetooth (and the tiny bit of latency that comes with it) then the Switch pro is my all time favorite wireless controller, the Dualshock 4 is also amazing and based on button layouts you might want to have both to switch between anyways. (To use these on the nt mini you just need to sync them to your 8bitdo Retro Receiver. Might have to update the firmware first. Their wireless nes controller is also great if you want a close to stock nes controller that is wireless but I'm more than happy with my switch pro/ds4, besides it comes with the nt so isn't really worth mentioning.)

Wired controllers are pretty simple. OG Nes controller is amazeballs and still holds up after all these years, plus it just feels right to play nes games with it.

retro_fighters_controller.png

If you're looking for extra buttons for the other supported cores or just improved ergonomics then I strongly suggest the Retro Fighters (same people that did the n64 controller kickstarter) Nes controller: http://retrofighters.com/

Edited by Wolf_

RetroUsb lagless rf nes controller - looks like ass, makes me want to throw this boomerang looking mofo out a window to see if it comes back to me but it is the fastest wireless controller period so I have to recommend it as it simply has no equal in performance. https://www.retrousb.com/product_info.php?cPath=36&products_id=154

Woah! Seems like cheapy 3D printer impression! I see the video, great performance with RF.

I have the RF Gamecube Wavebird gamepad. i love it, great response.

I hope Analogue do an aluminium gamepad :)

If you're looking for extra buttons for the other supported cores or just improved ergonomics then I strongly suggest the Retro Fighters (same people that did the n64 controller kickstarter) Nes controller: http://retrofighters.com/

The Retrofighters have mixed opinions, but is on my waiting list for testing purpose. Very cheap!

I'm waiting for the new N64 revision:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1247448559/next-gen-n64-nintendo-64-controller

Edited by gulps

The Retrofighters have mixed opinions, but is on my waiting list for testing purpose. Very cheap!

I'm waiting for the new N64 revision:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1247448559/next-gen-n64-nintendo-64-controller

Yea, I wish they had a "high end" version that costs like $5 more and had tactile microswitches like the retrousb does. Freaking love tactile switches.

Also I heard something like digital controllers need conversion to be read by an analogue controller input on a console and that will add a bit of delay. I have no clue if the retrofighters controller starts out as analogue or digital so that may be a thing to watch out for. Honestly I doubt the delay is at the level humans could perceive but I'm sure someone will fuss about it.

I currently use an old dogbone for the nintendo/sega stuff and an 500xj for the more retro end of the spectrum. 500xj is what I grew up with, so my hands grew into the proper shape to utilize it with minimum pain.

But that thing it comes with is just awful. A shame it's required to be plugged in for some things like supercharger and some coleco stuff. If I wanted a laggy piece of crap with a battery that'll be dead within the year, I'd pick up a modern system.

Edited by Reaperman

Corded:
- NES (Original)
- Famicom (Original)
- Dogbone (Original)
- NES MAX (Original)

I have a few NOS original Nintendo pads, think they are the best, perhaps just what i'm used to. Had to switch the B A buttons in the Analogue menus though, for some reason the default setting hurts my brain, lol.

The 8Bitdo wireless controller was okay, but the button layout is stupid, many games were designed so you can slide/use the two buttons and its just difficult to play that way with the SNES style button layout on the square plastic shell.

Edited by Radfoo

This controller is among the most bizarre seen in recent times. Too many things for a NES controller, not enough or wrongly laid out for just about anything else.

This controller is among the most bizarre seen in recent times. Too many things for a NES controller, not enough or wrongly laid out for just about anything else.

Oh, I agree. It is a horrible layout for nes, you won't use triggers let alone top and bottom triggers not to mention all the other buttons. But as it has a nes plug on it I think that makes it pretty nice for the nt mini as it covers a wide variety of systems. Just my opinion though.

If you don't mind using bluetooth (and the tiny bit of latency that comes with it) then the Switch pro is my all time favorite wireless controller, the Dualshock 4 is also amazing and based on button layouts you might want to have both to switch between anyways. (To use these on the nt mini you just need to sync them to your 8bitdo Retro Receiver. Might have to update the firmware first. Their wireless nes controller is also great if you want a close to stock nes controller that is wireless but I'm more than happy with my switch pro/ds4, besides it comes with the nt so isn't really worth mentioning.)

Wired controllers are pretty simple. OG Nes controller is amazeballs and still holds up after all these years, plus it just feels right to play nes games with it.

Agreed with everything you said yup until this point. I wae microseconds away from clicking the "like" button. However,

What the **** is this atrocity?

Several things majorly wrong here. For starters, every single modern controller design with dual analogs also has dual triggers and a proper diamond pad. This controller has neither. What use is only two action buttons with dual analogs? How many dual analog games are there where you can map out the nonexistent functions? Not many.

Secondly. Look at the pitch of the B/A buttons on the NES2 Dogbone, Gameboy, or GBA, or even Nintendo's official Virtual Console games using two buttons. Now look at this abomination. The button pitch is entirely wrong. You can't honestly expect the gamer to extend/retract his/her thumb for each button press when a simple left/right pivot will suffice, can you? Buttons should be equidistant to the finger actuating them. End of story. Huge pet peeve of mine. I even had to roll back the drivers on my 8bitdo receiver because of this due to caving into pressure from some dumbass fanboys... :roll:

800px-Nintendo-Famicom-NES-Dogbone-Contr

Agreed with everything you said yup until this point. I wae microseconds away from clicking the "like" button. However,

What the **** is this atrocity?

Several things majorly wrong here. For starters, every single modern controller design with dual analogs also has dual triggers and a proper diamond pad. This controller has neither. What use is only two action buttons with dual analogs? How many dual analog games are there where you can map out the nonexistent functions? Not many.

Secondly. Look at the pitch of the B/A buttons on the NES2 Dogbone, Gameboy, or GBA, or even Nintendo's official Virtual Console games using two buttons. Now look at this abomination. The button pitch is entirely wrong. You can't honestly expect the gamer to extend/retract his/her thumb for each button press when a simple left/right pivot will suffice, can you? Buttons should be equidistant to the finger actuating them. End of story. Huge pet peeve of mine. I even had to roll back the drivers on my 8bitdo receiver because of this due to caving into pressure from some dumbass fanboys... icon_rolleyes.gif

Aw shucks. Guess I lost that like icon_sad.gif

And yes, I agree, it is a god awful nes controller layout. But it does have wired start and select buttons which are must haves for master system and game gear, and it has an analogue stick which is a nice atari joystick substitute. And believe it or not it does have dual triggers.

jgmt_retro_fighters_dual_compatible_cont

Ugly as sin but it has everything you would want a wired controller to have and it plugs directly into the nt mini. If you can find a better alternative with start&select buttons and a joystick that plugs into the mini I'll switch in a second.

Aw shucks. Guess I lost that like icon_sad.gif

And yes, I agree, it is a god awful nes controller layout. But it does have wired start and select buttons which are must haves for master system and game gear, and it has an analogue stick which is a nice atari joystick substitute. And believe it or not it does have dual triggers.

Ugly as sin but it has everything you would want a wired controller to have and it plugs directly into the nt mini.

And 99% of AAA multiplatform games are unplayable without the diamond. :roll:

If you can find a better alternative with start&select buttons and a joystick that plugs into the mini I'll switch in a second.

Wii fight stick might be up your alley? :dunce:

fighting-stick-wii-hori-joystick-nintend

And 99% of AAA multiplatform games are unplayable without the diamond. icon_rolleyes.gif

Wii fight stick might be up your alley? icon_dunce.gif

fighting-stick-wii-hori-joystick-nintend

With the exception of the Colecovision and Intellivision every console supported by the nt is a 2 button controller. There is absolutely 0 reason to give a damn about the diamond. The A & B buttons not being horizontal from each other doesn't matter at all because I've never once in my life had any complaints about that being problem on the gameboy, gamegear, ect, or heard anyone complain about it.

Also once again this plugs DIRECTLY INTO THE NT MINI which means does not have lag added as it is a wired connection and not a wireless bluetooth connection. The Wii fight stick would not plug directly into it. I no longer believe you have a clue what you are talking/complaining about so I'm going to end this conversation now before it derails the thread.

Edited by Wolf_

I just want to be able to use a 2600 joystick somehow on it.. VCS games are awesome on the NT Mini but just feel "off" using a pad :lol:

If you don't want to wait around for kevtris' joystick adapters, it is quite easy to make a 2600 joystick behave like a NES gamepad. All it requires is a simple circuit.

I got weird problem with my Analogue NT Mini with latest working Jail Break Firmware v1.7

When I use Everdrive N8 Famicom with latest software v16.

When I turn my tv or monitor off my game corrupted. This happens with the different HDMI cables too. Everytime my game corrupted.

Is there somebody else have this same problem?

I got weird problem with my Analogue NT Mini with latest working Jail Break Firmware v1.7

When I use Everdrive N8 Famicom with latest software v16.

When I turn my tv or monitor off my game corrupted. This happens with the different HDMI cables too. Everytime my game corrupted.

Is there somebody else have this same problem?

Hi!

If I understand your Everdrive N8 Famicom with the Analogue NT Mini works correctly over VGA-SCART? But If you use HDMI connection and when you turn off the TV the Everdrive N8 Famicom gets corrupted?

Only one game? Or all games over the Everdrive?

Hi!

If I understand your Everdrive N8 Famicom with the Analogue NT Mini works correctly over VGA-SCART? But If you use HDMI connection and when you turn off the TV the Everdrive N8 Famicom gets corrupted?

Only one game? Or all games over the Everdrive?

Yes Everdrive N8 Famicom working correctly over VGA-Composite, VGA-S-video and VGA-Component. I don't have VGA-Scart cable. When I use HDMI connection and Everdrive N8 Famicom and If I turn my monitor or TV off and leave game on. The Everdrive gets corrupted so I have to restart Everdrive cartridge every time again.

The A & B buttons not being horizontal from each other doesn't matter at all because I've never once in my life had any complaints about that being problem on the gameboy, gamegear, ect, or heard anyone complain about it.

You may not have noticed this, but the buttons on that monstrosity tilt the opposite direction to like every game boy ever made. The outermost button needs to be higher, not lower.

Also it's got dual triggers, dual analogs, and no diamond. Name one single game (besides maybe Robotron) that uses twin sticks but doesn't use a PSX style diamond layout. It could have been a great PC gamepad for all we know but they so half-assed the thing, it's not even funny. Either add a proper diamond layout or remove the dual sticks.

Not to mention it's nauseatingly ugly.

Bleck! :woozy:

You may not have noticed this, but the buttons on that monstrosity tilt the opposite direction to like every game boy ever made. The outermost button needs to be higher, not lower.

Also it's got dual triggers, dual analogs, and no diamond. Name one single game (besides maybe Robotron) that uses twin sticks but doesn't use a PSX style diamond layout. It could have been a great PC gamepad for all we know but they so half-assed the thing, it's not even funny. Either add a proper diamond layout or remove the dual sticks.

Not to mention it's nauseatingly ugly.

Bleck! icon_woozy.gif

Once again you've missed the point entirely. You may not have noticed this but the nt mini doesn't support the psx or any console with dual analogue sticks. The point is:

Once again this plugs DIRECTLY INTO THE NT MINI which means this does not have lag added as it is a wired connection and not a wireless bluetooth connection. The Wii fight stick would not plug directly into it. I no longer believe you have a clue what you are talking/complaining about so I'm going to end this conversation now before it derails the thread.

If you have a better WIRED LAGLESS connection that works with the nt mini and has an analogue stick feel free to post it but so far you have not.

This means you can play Atari 2600 and 7800 games without delay on a proper joystick. Nothing you have mentioned will do that.

I make no claims that this controller is pretty, simply that it is the only thing I have found that will do the job. Show me a better option and I'll switch.