2. 2. I Would Like Support for...

3. 3. Games Should Run From...

• SD Card / USB Memory Sticks
    • Original Cartridges
    • Hopes and Dreams
  4. 4. The Video Inteface Should be...

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

Thanks. Very helpful.

The jailbreak is actually "installed" from the SD card. Technically, if you weren't loading ROMs, you wouldn't need the SD card anymore after the update. So yeah, the jailbreak stays loaded even if you put in a different card, as long as that card doesn't have its own firmware on it (such as a non-jailbreak update) to install instead.

Not sure wether I created the right folder. Does it not create the folder if it's not already present? MAybe that was my problem. But I did place the folders like they were on the SD2SNES.

So saves should be working?

Yeah, you're most likely just experiencing the bug several of us are experiencing right now. Wait for the bug fix, then see if you still have a problem.

What happens when I turn on the Super Nt with the Super Wild Plugged in, is exactly what is shown in the firsr picture I posted. Its simply a blank screen with "HDMI No Signal".

The same thing it does when the Super Nt is powered off, or when the HDMI plug is disconnected.

The Super Wild Card works perfectly on both the original launch model SNES, and SNS-101 (SNES II/Jr/Mini) model.

I recently took it all apart and cleaned it, and removed the NiCad SRAM battery to make sure it didn't leak into the board. It's in perfect working order, but just not on the Super Nt for whatever reason.

Another thing I tried, was to remove both 8bitdo receivers (before turning it on), because I suspect it may be a power related issue. I was always impressed at how the SNES could allow these copiers to run full sized 1.44Mb, 3.5" floppy drives. Perhaps the Super Nt just doesn't supply the needed power to it.

So this is a 3201 model, Super Wild Card DX, from FrontFarEast.

It has a BIOS date of 10/14/94

32 Megabits of DRAM

256KB of backup RAM

1.44Mb (which formats to up to 1.6Mb, or 12 Megabits)

SWC_DX3201_Copier-15.jpg

When plugged into the Analogue Super Nt, the LED comes on (The Super Nt), and looks normal, but no video is outputted. I've also tried this on another display just to rule out any strange abnormalities with it.

It sounds like it's drawing too much power off the 5V. This copier has a barrel jack on it for a power adapter, just like my doctor sf6. Maybe you need to use that to power it. There's going to be way too much power draw going by all the chips in there and the disk drive itself. The cartridge port is only designed to supply around 300-400ma to the cartridge.

• Like 2

So, I just tested Secret of Mana, and the jailbreak didn't save my file. What's up there? is save feature just broken, or is there something that we need to do for it to work? I guess as long as the jailbreak is just SNES ROM loading I'll just keep using the SD2SNES...

For what it is worth, I just tested out Secret of Mana and was able to save without issue. Doesn't mean that there isn't a bug but, well, there it is.

Supported save folders are:

/SAVES/SNES/

/SPED/SAVE/

/sd2snes/saves/

For what it is worth, I just tested out Secret of Mana and was able to save without issue. Doesn't mean that there isn't a bug but, well, there it is.

Supported save folders are:

/SAVES/SNES/

/SPED/SAVE/

/sd2snes/saves/

I've run into another bug with the file browser where you can no longer leave it by pressing "select." It seems like the file browser is just still a big buggy in general. I'm sure we'll see it become more reliable in upcoming versions.

Bit unrelated to this thread but how is the Super NT "worldwide power supply" also "USA/JPN", seems a complete contradiction?! I'm guessing they mean it will work on 240v with an adapter but it has no markings on the plug so will not risk it. Bit rubbish, I have plenty of usb power supplies so I guess I will have one that will work. Although people complained about noise from the NT Mini plug, at least it was multi-region and worked out the box (i'm still using it without problems).

Sorry, rant over, for now, i'll shut up, only a minor quibble, really bugs me trivial stuff people winge about on this thread, lol.

Edited by Radfoo

Kevtris, what can I say but incredible work, as with the Nt. For those of you who are in the process of installing jailbreak firmware, keep in mind that the console LED will flash red, then turn to solid red for a good few minutes. The system will load to main menu when it's complete. Have faith!

Kevtris, what can I say but incredible work, as with the Nt. For those of you who are in the process of installing jailbreak firmware, keep in mind that the console LED will flash red, then turn to solid red for a good few minutes. The system will load to main menu when it's complete. Have faith!

Yeah, that's definitely worth mentioning. It took mine a LOT longer than the other firmware updates have taken, so it's worth knowing to just have patience on the update.

Bit unrelated to this thread but how is a "worldwide power supply" also "USA/JPN", seems a complete contradiction. I'm guessing they mean it will work on 240v with an adapter but it has no markings on the plug so will not risk it. Bit rubbish, I have plenty of usb power supplies so I guess I will have one that will work. Although people complained about noise from the NT Mini plug at least it was multi-region and worked out the box.

Sorry, rant over, for now.

The plug is marked. It is very faint/hard to see though. I can't tell you if it has the information you want since I am at work but there is definitely a bunch of technical stuff on one side of it in a color that almost matches the black plug.

Edited by Toth

Since there's been a few reports of the super powerpak not working, I would like to buy one if someone has one for sale at a reasonable price. PM with details if so. I can't fix it if I can't test one and I'd rather just buy vs. borrowing, but I can borrow if it's the only option. I just will have no way to verify it continues to work after updates.

• Like 7

Since there's been a few reports of the super powerpak not working, I would like to buy one if someone has one for sale at a reasonable price. PM with details if so. I can't fix it if I can't test one and I'd rather just buy vs. borrowing, but I can borrow if it's the only option. I just will have no way to verify it continues to work after updates.

Good Guy Kevtris working hard to please so many people. I hope you get some sleep once in awhile lol.

• Like 1

The plug is marked. It is very faint/hard to see though. I am at work so I can't tell you exactly what it says.

ah, cool, i'll have another look, thanks. Will probably use a proper plug, travel adapters never seem particularly good/safe. Just don't know how they think a USA plug is somehow "worldwide".

Edited by Radfoo

ah, cool, i'll have another look, thanks. Will probably use a proper plug, travel adapters never seem particularly good/safe. Just don't know how they think a USA plug is somehow "worldwide".

The so faint it should be illegal text on the side of the plug reads:

Input: 100-240V~50/60Hz 0.4A

Output: 5V⎓2100mA

Edited by NoKnownOrigin

Many thanks to Kevtris _____ and SmokeMonster for creating and sharing jailbreak firmware that takes a great SNES clone and begins to unlock it's true potential as an FPGA console!

Despite my humble collection of games I'm already totally in love with my Super NT, and now with the unofficial jailbreak firmware we can take full advantage of the great hardware and play games that are so rare or expensive that they're really not very accessible to the casual user without spending another $200 on a (somewhat similar) device like a flashcart. There is so much potential packed away in the Super NT's hardware, and while I think it's fair to say that we've already got our money's worth with the stock firmware, I think I can speak for everyone when I say that we've very grateful for all of the time and effort that goes into providing these kinds of extra features and, maybe someday, expansion chips and cores. So thanks again to Kevtris for creating the system, to _____ for jailbreaking it, and to SmokeMonster for helping to share the jb firmware! I can't wait to try it out!

• Like 1

Well. It played some Sper MArio World, I saved te game 4 times, 2 out of the 4 times the game saved, 2 didn't.

Well, for now it's not like I really care, I'll keep using my SD2SNES and my cartridges. Just reporting what I see. The whole exit to menu" thing, is it just pressing down and Select, or do I need to do something else?

??

Sorry but I'm calling shenaningans here. My response time (from responding to visual stimulus by hitting a button on my controller) is reliably 130ms playing Wild Gunman on NES with a CRT. Sometimes I can get it down to 110ms. You need to hit the trigger within 160ms (10 frames) to beat the fastest opponent. Pro level speedrunners may very well be gifted with faster than average reflexes. That said, when playing actual rythm games, I can get tighter response because my brain anticipates making the inputs before they are executed. There is no way your brain can respond by pushing a button within 005ms in response to visual or auditory stimulus unless you have the reflexes of superman.

Shenanigans on what exactly? The results themselves or that it's the same on both displays?

This isn't a "quick draw" reaction test. I suggest you download the 240P test suite ROM and give it a try for yourself. The shapes are moving, you have ample time to prepare to press the button when they align with the static shape. Too early presses don't record. You'll see a red "-# frames" instead

Edited by keepdreamin

I just wanna say that, after having finally received my Super NT today, the black looks better than I could have even hoped. I even had the matching controller set already, but somehow that didn't even quite convey how good it looks. I was having some buyers remorse, but know now that it was the right decision. The only shame is that sitting next to my silver NT Mini, I really wish I had that in black as well!

Hey everyone,

I have a quick question for people who already got the console.

is the black super nt two tone or a uniform black?

From the artist renderings it seems like it is two toned which looks nice.

However in serveral video reviews it seems like it is just a uniform black which I don't like as much.

I was going to go for the SFC edition but seeing how it is now sold out... the only other colour option I like seems to be the black.

Edited by lekrang

Hey everyone,

I have a quick question for people who already got the console.

is the black super nt two tone or a uniform black?

From the artist renderings it seems like it is two toned which looks nice.

However in serveral video reviews it seems like it is just a uniform black which I don't like as much.

I was going to go for the SFC edition but seeing how it is now sold out... the only other colour option I like seems to be the black.

its all the same black, with slightly different textures so it can appear 2-tone at certain angles.

its all the same black, with slightly different textures so it can appear 2-tone at certain angles.

Ok thank you, I am still on the fence about it, really want it to be 2 tone like the artist renderings.

I am currently poundering if I wait for more SFC editions to be on pre-order which would most likely mean getting mine around April or grabbing a black one for the 1st of March.

Decisions... decisions...