1. 1. I would pay....

2. 2. I Would Like Support for...

3. 3. Games Should Run From...

• SD Card / USB Memory Sticks
    • Original Cartridges
    • Hopes and Dreams
  4. 4. The Video Inteface Should be...

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

My DAC is on its way as well. I checked their website and still don't see any documentation on how to connect a 32x. The FAQ says it works and requires the 32x cable, which I have, but does not explain how to set it up. I would assume you go HDMI out from Mega Sg into DAC but then what? There is a DB15 and 2 RCA connectors for output. How exactly are you supposed to connect these to the 32x? Anyone know?

10 hours ago, spoonman said:

I'm not sure if you are aware, but Nanoloop is already available for both Andoid and iOS for $3.49 and $3.99 respectfully. I also highly recommend Korg's DS-10 Synthesizer. I bought extra DS's just for it. It's very handy for some quick sequencing. When using it on a DS-i or 3DS you can alsol double up the instrument patches along with some other improvements. 

Thank you!  I will check it out, and I did not know. I'm not a big Android fan (what I have) and I have no interest in supporting Apple products anymore.  The heads up I DO appreciate! I may mess around with the android app, but a standalone pocket sized, well... Pocket somehow makes me think I'd use it more. 

On to the Analogue DAC. I have one on order (just shy of $20 shipping) and am wondering a few things. One, some here say they are getting it in two days.  This is a pre-order though. Do you mean you will get it in two days of when it actually releases or do you have a tracking number already? Two: If this is a pre-order and expected to sell out(?), am I alone in being bummed that we can't have the option to hold on shipping it to us to give us the option of pre-ordering the Pocket or the maybe short run of the Nintendo jobbies (or SOON announced Mega SG adapters)? It would be nice to have saved on some shipping in this way. I would have pre-ordered the Pocket WITH the DAC basically.  

Point Three about the DAC -  It is listed as "Compatible with Analogue products only" - I knew this going in, but I would like to know how this is implemented as a lock out if any.  I could see if the only devices guaranteed to work were Analogue ones, but what in it would stop ANY HDMI signal be it a dvd player or Mister from outputting video just the same as a MegaSG?

Edited by seastalker

6 hours ago, seastalker said:

Point Three about the DAC -  It is listed as "Compatible with Analogue products only" - I knew this going in, but I would like to know how this is implemented as a lock out if any.  I could see if the only devices guaranteed to work were Analogue ones, but what in it would stop ANY HDMI signal be it a dvd player or Mister from outputting video just the same as a MegaSG?

Cause I don't think in DAC mode the analogue consoles output an HDMI signal at all, it's likely some custom 240p signal (and some form of 480i for the MD games that used interlace, assuming that's how they did it)  that is proprietary between the MegaSg/MegaNt and the DAC. Note that they had to distribute updated firmwares for both to support the DAC and I presume that was for more than just enable the non 60Hz refresh rate native to each core.

I am sure the signal will be analyzed, dissected and kevtris be put on the spot for "not supporting HDMI->SD-analog for all possible devices a random person on the planet may/may not have" ... ahhh! other than that I think he did the right thing and target only his products that he controls fully and can design custom protocol onto to satisfy whatever needs he has for the conversion to be successful.

My DAC is on its way as well. I checked their website and still don't see any documentation on how to connect a 32x. The FAQ says it works and requires the 32x cable, which I have, but does not explain how to set it up. I would assume you go HDMI out from Mega Sg into DAC but then what? There is a DB15 and 2 RCA connectors for output. How exactly are you supposed to connect these to the 32x? Anyone know?
Custom VGA to Genesis mini-DIN cable.

27 minutes ago, CZroe said:
3 hours ago, mario64 said:

Custom VGA to Genesis mini-DIN cable.

Does anyone sell this cable? It would need to mix in RCA audio as well 

1 minute ago, CZroe said:
5 minutes ago, mario64 said:
Does anyone sell this cable? It would need to mix in RCA audio as well 

I believe either Retro Access Cable or Retro Gaming Cables can do it but you might have to wait until they get their hands on a DAC to properly engineer the cables.

Thanks very much for the info

9 hours ago, jamon1567 said:

If you're a fan of the curved shadowmasks, I might recommend any of the Ikegami monitors. I have a few and I absolutely love them. Let me put it like this. I have a BVM-D32, and I like my Ikegami's better in many ways. They're a PITA with sync (especially the HTM line which are the HD ones), but man I love that shadowmask on the curved tube. Of course they'll still be sharper than a consumer set, but they're a much better compromise to a PVM/BVM if that isn't your thing.

I’ve had my eye on Ikegami, Panasonic, and JVC curved shadowmask professional monitors.  Especially the 90 degree deflection tubes (very elongated deep tubes have better geometry than thin flat tubes).

8 hours ago, hyrulebr said:

Finally! ?

Also black Super NT back in stock.

I already have the SNES and black colored Super NT.  I still need the Famicom, clear, and Ghostly colors.  SNES is my favorite console, so gotta have em all!  With the DAC the Super NT will be a better SNES than the ones made by Nintendo ?

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Enragedwhale said:

Very excited for the cart adaptors. Although I have noticed they’ve removed the estimated price ($9.99) from the website so I’m guessing they’ll be more expensive than originally planned. I hope they have a reasonable amount of stock.

Not too surprised - had surmised from the fw updates that the Game Gear adapter might have the tuner function implemented, somehow, whether or not that is currently practical.

28 minutes ago, dj_convoy said:

We're gonna get boned on those adapters, I just know it. 

I'm guessing the adapters will be $20 each, with a rate of $15 for one, $22 for two and $27 for three shipped. Basically my brain is telling me that if I want the complete set it'll be nearly 100 bucks.

• Like 1

On 2/4/2020 at 4:01 PM, mario64 said:

Build your own cable. Buy a vga Dsub connector and a hood. You will have to strip the end of a 32x cable (preferably aftermarket and wire it into he dsub connector. Pinouts for both connector standards are online.

Edited by Kosmic Stardust

11 hours ago, dj_convoy said:

We're gonna get boned on those adapters, I just know it. 

10 hours ago, pesh42 said:

I'm guessing the adapters will be $20 each, with a rate of $15 for one, $22 for two and $27 for three shipped. Basically my brain is telling me that if I want the complete set it'll be nearly 100 bucks.

9 hours ago, Enragedwhale said:

Isn’t there 5 adaptors?

A USPS small priority box could hold at lease three cart adapters, possibly more.

If they charge more than the adapter is worth for shipping, i am calling shenanigans. I bought some Game Gear games in 2018 with the explicit purpose of playing on the Mega SG, since I don't have a Game Gear.

Likewise I would be interested in a Lynx Adapter for the pocket. Those zener diode voltage regulators are ticking time bombs since they fail high instead of low taking out the entire unit.

Edit: shopping to northwest louisiana for the analogue adapter (which I have zero use for since I have working original hardware and all my crts are composite / rf only) is $17.48.

Edited by Kosmic Stardust

On 2/4/2020 at 10:02 PM, AtariNerd said:

Not too surprised - had surmised from the fw updates that the Game Gear adapter might have the tuner function implemented, somehow, whether or not that is currently practical.

yes, the game gear tuner works.  such as it is

• Like 1
  • Haha 2