IGNORED

Coleco Adam Demo Cartridge

rapoza609

I found, what appeared to be, a colecovision demo cartridge. It has no label, just a small sticker that says: for demonstration only.

After a little research I found that it is a demonstration cartridge for the coleco adam. I hooked up my Adam computer and the cartridge boots up just fine.

Does anyone have any info on this? Is it rare? Does anyone know the value?

A few pics, screenshots or a video of it in action would be very helpful in identifying what exactly you have, otherwise it's just guess work on mine and other's parts.

As far as a CV demo cartridge, there was the "Music Demonstration Cart" that allows one to play numerous sound effects and song samples from CV games. Beyond that, I'm drawing a blank unless it's actually the ADAM Demonstration Cart. While not very common, back in the day, Coleco supplied this cart to all it's distributors as well as numerous ADAM Users Groups. This particular cartridge came with a professional quality label like you see on other CV cartridges, but I'm sure many others walked out the Coleco buildings in employees hands and from there spread around... or the label just came loose over the years.

Well, if you want to take the time to post further info, I'll definetely be happy to help you identify it and give you an idea of it's possible rarity/value.

No worries then re. posting screenshots. As I stated before, it's not very common, but the game code has been dumped and available for years to be used with an emulator or on a real CV with an SD MultiCart. The value comes down to what someone is willing to offer you or to be set via an auction, buy since it does not include that standard Coleco cartridge label on it that most of these had, the value will be hurt significantly.

What you should do is open up the cartridge to see if you have yourself a socketed Eprom PCB seeing as there is always interest in those.

If it feels slightly heavy, that a good sign that the cart PCB is indeed an Eprom PCB with between 1 and 3 eprom chips on it... probably 2. All you have to do is remove the two screws that hold the shell halves together and open it up, but do so in a dimly lit room in case there are eprom chips on it and the little "window" to erase the chips is not covered with a label. If the chips don't have this "window", then they are probably Proms.

Yes, it's for the Adam only.

I opened it up and there are 3 chips with stickers on them

Are the chip socketed (you can pull them out) or are they soldered directly onto the Cart PCB?

Are the tops of the chips where the labels are placed flat or is there a raised round spot directly in the center? If there is this raised spot on the chip, you have Eprom chips, if it is flat, then you have Prom chips.

Anyway, it's unfortunate that your cart does not have the Coleco label on it already, but PBoland can make you a reproduction and I think I recall the proper blue color of the title text, it stated "For ColecoVision & ADAM" although it was only for the ADAM and I seem to recall there being NO copyright text on it.