IGNORED

No more ST ports for you....

CyranoJ

Wow... just wow.

What a creep. I cannot believe it. The bootlegs, yes. But the idiotic responses, and the selfie. Is he retarded?

It is clear bootlegs of any game will pop up at some point. The real question is the scale, especially in a tiny niche like the Jaguar scene. With most Jaguar fans probably hanging around forums and knowing about the freeware releases, how can there be a market making such bootlegs worthwhile?

Beyond me.

sh3-rg, about Kizza and his selling of bootlegs: All I can say is that at least while I was at RVG, he did not do it in public. He may have done it in private via PM to people he trusted, maybe for the simple reason that he knew I was friends with you. What he did offer directly via the forum were just cover artworks to print yourself.

Doing it not in public would kind of fit why the guy who contacted CJ said he cannot give away the name... maybe he has learned at least enough to really keep his sales under the radar. Doesn't make it better, but it might be what the secrecy is all about.

And onlok possibly wanted to burn the games himself for his friends (if he told the truth in that part, which is unlikely) instead of ordering from Kizza again to avoid high shipping rates from the UK. Or to sell for the HUGE US market to others who are too stingy to pay for UK shipping, or the few bugs more for legitimate copies.

Also, I heard after being a mod (I actually thought it was HIS site the way he acted) he left RVG or got kicked out or whatever. So another bridge burned.

Edited by 108 Stars

think he wanted to be recognized straight away at the expo

I dunno man, I'm trying not to be a dick here, but now that I think about it, I don't think I've ever taken a picture of myself. People take pictures of me...

70s.JPG

Oh, and... that door is 80 inches! hahahaha...

I LOVE the retro big collar shirt and leisure suit dude! Or is that a leather jacket? it's hard to tell on my projector, I need to adjust the focus and contrast...

Edited by Gunstar

I LOVE the retro big collar shirt and leisure suit dude! Or is that a leather jacket? it's hard to tell on my projector, I need to adjust the focus and contrast...

Hahah... it's all original stuff. Bit of truth here, that was in the year 2000. Back then, disco was back in style again.

It was an original leather jacket from the Sears Leather Shop. The pants were original Levis boot cut, and the shirt is an original polyester disco shirt.

I had a waist 34 back then, now it's 36. I can't fit into any of that crap anymore... hahah... damnit! I hate getting old. I still have the shirt but donated the other stuff.

Hahah... it's all original stuff. Bit of truth here, that was in the year 2000. Back then, disco was back in style again.

It was an original leather jacket from the Sears Leather Shop. The pants were original Levis boot cut, and the shirt is an original polyester disco shirt.

I had a waist 34 back then, now it's 36. I can't fit into any of that crap anymore... hahah... damnit! I hate getting old. I still have the shirt but donated the other stuff.

Cool. I have an old leather jacket similar to that one, from the 70's too. Haven't worn it for a decade or more either. Don't talk about getting old...I'm actually the same weight as I was in college 20+ years ago, which I am proud of, but more wrinkles and a lot less hair.

Something I don't understand about this story ..

Very few people still owns a Jaguar CD and most of them are here on this forum I guess, or maybe on ebay ...

I didn't see any of these "fake reprint / re-pop" for sell either on ebay nor here, so ... even if this guy is selling those fake reprint, he won't sell many if he doesn't do it in well known place where Jaguar fans are.

This. About a week ago, I was ready to go burn some houses down, but after having read the entire PM back-and-forth, I just see a man of extremely limited communication skills saying that he's had ST ports done professionally, asking for permission to make more and drop them into packages of CD repair customers, paying CJ for his work originally (makes shit-all sense, but read the rest of the guy's posts), and by the way here's a list of CD's in his collection. If you read it back without the presupposition that he's selling pirated software, it just looks like regular Onalok weirdness. I understand any confusion, especially from a developer's standpoint, but this has gone Lord of the Flies.

Of course, after about a week of this back and forth, the only logical conclusion is to take a threatening(?) selfie, with mention of the (exaggerated) dimensions of any doors or furniture seen in the background. Hell I almost took a snapshot of myself in front of my 48" nightstand. But this guy as a criminal mastermind, selling pirated software to the seven or so Jag CD fans who aren't on this site, from a secret online location that excludes eBay? That's a little hard to believe, especially if you go back and read the words "criminal mastermind," go back and read the guy's posts, the read the words "criminal mastermind" again. Then look at the selfie.

Just my $0.02 cents. Nothing but undying love for all developers who are kind enough to keep my Jaggy up and running. Just wondered if anyone else evidence of idiocy, yes, but perhaps not proof of piracy beyond a reasonable doubt.

I tried to send Money to you CJ, NOT myself. And Asked you, person to person, if I could have my people pay YOU and me re-pop those. BTW, I don't need you to to do the ST ports. No one was out to screw you and I was trying to let other people in this community have a nice dvd style case with labels like I do. I thank you for the work and I am sorry we had a miss-understanding.

So, are you the one who is pirating my Black Cat theater discs? If so, please quit. The people who do this work for me are on disability, have very little money, and this is a way for them to be productive and have a little extra money for themselves. Black Cat Theater is a trademark of Video 61 and it is clearly displayed as a splash screen on every Black Cat Theater disc. If you want to publish movies on the Jaguar CD, nothing is holding you back. You can dig up these PD movies on many locations on the Internet, but if you are replicating my discs with the Black Cat Theater splash screen, you are in violation of copyright law.

If you think these movies are easy to convert and encrypt for a Jaguar CD, they are not. They are very time-consuming and labor-intensive. So, concerning the people who do this work for me, you are stealing from them. I have more movies that we were going to put out, but all of a sudden sales have slowed way down, and I am wondering if this is the reason.

Lance

www.atarisales.com

Well, you may be right that sales are down due to piracy, but I suspect that it's due to the high price. I think it is great that you are employing disabled people to make these discs, and i would love to have them all myself (legitimately), but I just can't see clear to spending $25 plus shipping on PD movies for the Jag CD when I can buy top-rated. modern movies with blue-ray, dvd and PC files all included in one package for $15-20. Maybe if you actually reduced the price to $10-15 your sales would pick up, and in the long run you and your people could make far more money from more sales! Novel concept? Whatever...I know it's hard work and ultimately for a good cause too, and so when I heard you were selling movie bundles for $25 I went back today, ready to buy! But nope, still single PD movies for $25 a pop. HELL NO. Drop your price to $15 and I'll buy half a dozen right away, drop to $10 and I'll buy them all, keep them at $25 and I'll never buy one. I will just eventually make my own, as you suggested...later when I have more time in my life.

Just my $0.02 cents. Nothing but undying love for all developers who are kind enough to keep my Jaggy up and running. Just wondered if anyone else evidence of idiocy, yes, but perhaps not proof of piracy beyond a reasonable doubt.

There are more PM's from other people with concrete proof of selling commercial homebrew. I haven't posted those, and don't intend to. Add in the admission of making them, paying for toner, etc, the threads, a moderator deleted thread that nobody saw, and several other factors (including currently running live ebay auctions) and I'm afraid I have to disagree with you.

This guy, for all his lack of communication skills, knows exactly what he's doing.

• Like 5

"And I have been DOWN before."

Is that a threat, a reference to a sexual act, or a boast about having done time?

attachicon.gif24206bd489f7f8a4.jpg

Couple of things:

1 - This dude does not look like he won.

2 - If this dude's life has gotten to this point (see pic), he's clearly doing something wrong.

Only thing I can give him a pass on is if he has PTSD from OEF/OIL and bugged out... doubt that though.

• Like 1

Well, you may be right that sales are down due to piracy, but I suspect that it's due to the high price. I think it is great that you are employing disabled people to make these discs, and i would love to have them all myself (legitimately), but I just can't see clear to spending $25 plus shipping on PD movies for the Jag CD when I can buy top-rated. modern movies with blue-ray, dvd and PC files all included in one package for $15-20. Maybe if you actually reduced the price to $10-15 your sales would pick up, and in the long run you and your people could make far more money from more sales! Novel concept?

if you bothered to click on the title, you would see that they are box sets with multiple movies, most box sets have four movies per set. a couple are serials, and have at lest four or more discs in the set. only one is a single title, and that is the stooges one, and we supply 3-d glass's for it. these are not made to compete with blue ray or any other video delivery system, they are for the jaguar only. you can buy many other jaguar game titles cheaper on other systems, but they cost more on the jaguar.

Whatever...I know it's hard work and ultimately for a good cause too, and so when I heard you were selling movie bundles for $25 I went back today, ready to buy! But nope, still single PD movies for $25 a pop. HELL NO. Drop your price to $15 and I'll buy half a dozen right away, drop to $10 and I'll buy them all, keep them at $25 and I'll never buy one. I will just eventually make my own, as you suggested...later when I have more time in my life.

its hard to sell 4 movies right now, and still be able to provide something for people who have worked hard a long to bring these to market. the breakdown is about $6.24 per movie. hardly a rip off. most people order at least two box sets, and get free shipping to boot if they live in the u.s.a..

http://members.tcq.net/video61/bct.html

so if you expect 4 movies for $10.00, sorry, it will not even cover costs.

lance

www.atarisales.com

Well....

lance

www.atarisales.com

What a mess, just looks like Gunstar talking to himself and you just repeating his post. LOL.

As for watching a VCD on the Jaguar... err.. i like to know the device I'm using can make it to the end the what I'm watching.

Edited by CyranoJ

What a mess, just looks like Gunstar talking to himself and you just repeating his post. LOL.

yet you understood it.

As for watching a VCD on the Jaguar... err.. i like to know the device I'm using can make it to the end the what I'm watching.

i have watched at least one hundred movies on my jag cd. the people who work on these for me, have watched many many more than i have. i use my original jag cd unit from my first order with atari for units back in the mid 1990's. i respect the jaguar, for its time, it was a really good machine.

lance

www.atarisales.com