IGNORED

Alternative To Best For 5200 Controller Parts

VectorGamer

hey guys if you're like me and don't want to be bothered by picking up the phone and calling in an order to Best Electronics for Atari 5200 controller parts, there's a guy on eBay I've been buying my parts from. I think this guy carries all the parts Best carries for the 5200 controller. I've purchased gold flex circuits, rubber boots, controller cords, gold fire buttons, gold numeric keypads and gold auxillary keypads off of him the last several months and I now have 5 working 5200 controllers.

Here's the link to his eBay store: http://stores.ebay.com/electronics4fun/

• Like 4

Thanks for the tip. It sounds silly and lazy but I think the only reason I haven't dealt with Best was because I couldn't be bothered to make a phone call or bang out an email in this age of one-click shopping. (However I may finally have to unless I can find a source for 410 belts. There used to be some on eBay but they must have sold out.)

I attempted to refurb all of my five or six 5200 controllers about a month ago, and found that a couple of them have bad flex circuits. I was able to cobble two good controllers together using the foil dot home remedy, but the others can't be helped until they get new flex circuits.

BTW it's amazing what a difference the 3-dot fire buttons and the later version of the rubber boot make.

I honestly don't really mind that Best's site looks like an HTML nightmare from 1997. Makes me nostagic for the old days of cruising sites like videogames.org, videogamenut.com, and the old 4Jays site. I just wish I could click "Buy It Now" somewhere and be done with it.

I honestly don't really mind that Best's site looks like an HTML nightmare from 1997. Makes me nostagic for the old days of cruising sites like videogames.org, videogamenut.com, and the old 4Jays site. I just wish I could click "Buy It Now" somewhere and be done with it.

Me too. I just want to click on items, enter the qty, add them to my cart and checkout. Nobody orders shit over the phone anymore.

• Like 1

I actually had a very good experience with Best. I called and was answered right away. I placed my order for 2 rebuilt gold 5200 controllers and they were delivered 2 days later. They looked brand new and had the pink cellophane on the metal bezel and cost me about $12 more than what it would have cost me to buy off of ebay. I did not bother with core trade in because the shipping costs would have negated the discount. I would love to have them modified into working paddles.

Edited by Oldschool80skid