IGNORED

What have you done for your computers today?

I have an old SS7 motherboard which only takes AT. I got an ATX-to-AT adapter and it works well. Going to move it to a PicoPSU soon.

Yeah, wouldn't work with this one. This supply is weird. It appears as though the Hot line from the PSU goes directly to the switch on the front bezel. I'll take a picture of it tonight. But it definitely has two black 16awg wires and a green earth that go from the IEC connector, out the back of the PSU, around the side of the case and two the front switch. You'd have to hack it up to make it work....

Jaybird, the PSU was the worst of it. Everything else was moderately clean with the exception of some dead bugs in the bottom underneath the MB.

James, that is a good way of looking at it. It was a mess to clean up, but at least they were just larva.

Edited by jdgabbard

Trying to come up with some creative display shelving for my TI-99/4A carts... The carts do not stack, so they have to sit flat or have a spacer between them to level the carts. Will be interesting trying to come up with a shelving display solution. Might have to get out the wood tools and get crazy...

• Like 1

I replaced the onboard battery on my 80386 motherboard. The battery was still in good shape, not leaking, so i didn't need to clean and repair the board.

I already added a 128mb DOM to replace the stock 120 mb harddisk. Also replace the diskdrive. It was working but the. 3.5" disks could not be ejected.

post-5654-0-90173500-1445015320_thumb.jpg

Edited by Seob

Those wasp or mog wasp nests are nasty! Worked on a pinball machine once that had them all over and in-between the score reels, relays and switch stacks. Pretty grossed out, but tried cleaning all that crap out anyway. Saw some live larvae twitching about and that was it for me. lol

Let's see... some things I did to my computers today:

Dusted the tops and cleaned the CRT's of my Amiga systems and C64.

Made sure the battery is keeping time in both Amiga's.

Checked out a few games quickly: Overdrive, Another World and Shadow of the Beast.

• 2 weeks later...

Today I started work on a new shelf system for my games. I will post pics when I can. Going to try some knotty pine this time. The oak came out great on my desk, so hopefully the pine will take the stain as well as the oak did. :)

I like pine or blue pine 1"x12" on 12"x12" cinderblocks..

MarkO